QBE’s European Operations, which accounts for over 27% of QBE Group turnover, is a leading specialist in London market and European commercial lines business. Active in both the Lloyd’s and company market, QBE offers considerable diversity to the broking community. We are a socially responsible company and give our customers the ability to invest a portion of their premiums in environmentally and socially beneficial projects.
The Claims team has been built to meet the evolving needs of our business and our customers. The team is a formidable force for QBE, comprising over five hundred people spread across multiple locations within UK and the rest of Europe, and reflecting the diversity and strength of the region. Handling over 200,000 claims a year, QBE has built a reputation for excellence within the market and is widely recognised for its technical expertise.
You will be responsible for working with the Assistant Claims Managers the Claims Controller will assist the Delegated Claims Manager to oversee the selection, governance, monitoring and performance management of third parties with delegated claims authority (DCA) ultimately ensuring delivery of a controlled, effective and efficient delegated claims service on behalf of all EO claims teams. This will include identifying opportunities to improve service delivery, control claims cost and expense whilst also ensuring delivery of contractual, legislative and regulatory requirements.
The Claims Controller will report to the Assistant Claims Manager in London or Leeds and assist in driving forward relationships with QBE’s DCA Providers, underwriters and brokers in both the Lloyd’s and Company markets across QBE’s International, European and UK Markets, including, Casualty, Property, Motor, Marine, Energy and Financial & Speciality lines of business, with a particular focus on and ownership of UK Property, Casualty and Motor.
Your Responsibilities For This Role May Include, But Are Not Limited To:
Strategy and Planning
- Support the Delegated Claims Manager in the development of a strategic governance framework and evaluation of the delegated claims control environment and related risk management to provide effective assurance that procedures and processes are in place to mitigate the impact of risks arising from the external management of claims.
- Assist the Delegated Claims Manager and Assistant Claims Managers in the formulation, implementation, delivery of and changes to the Delegated Claims Management team plans to ensure these are in line with wider Claims strategy and reflect key priorities in relation to business, regulatory and legal requirements.
- Manage UK Casualty, Property and Motor DCA Provider portfolios, identifying threats and opportunities in the market and external environment, to deliver outputs and outcomes required by internal stakeholders.
Policy, Process and Procedures
- Oversee and support the LOB Claims team in the management of the delegation of claims authority to DCA Providers in UK Property, Casualty and Motor in line with DCM processes and procedures ensuring that the delegation of claims authority is aligned to the needs of the business.
- Ensure the DCM risk rating methodology remains effective and the data held in respect of DCA Providers is accurate and up to date.
Management of DCA
- Ensure that DCAs are managed appropriately throughout the lifecycle of the arrangement from onboarding of a new DCA, ongoing performance and governance management of an approved DCA and termination or completion of a DCA agreement.
- Perform adequate due diligence on any newly proposed DCA Providers prior to onboarding them in order to confirm the suitability of the proposed DCA arrangement and identify, manage and mitigate any risks posed.
- In conjunction with EO Legal and Procurement (as appropriate), regularly review and update as necessary DCA contracts in order to ensure that arrangements are appropriately governed, in line with QBE requirements and adequately manage commercial risks.
Loss Fund Management
- Work with and support the LOB Claims teams in the effective establishment, monitoring, reconciliation and return of claims loss funds ensuring that necessary sign-off from the Delegated Claims Manager is obtained at all key stages of the loss fund management process
Environmental Awareness/Customer Focus
- Maintain knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements for claims outsourcing/delegation of claims authority and apply knowledge in all tasks (as appropriate).
- Build strong and trusted relationships with internal and external stakeholders to raise credibility and to develop a knowledge and understanding of business strategies, key business priorities, issues and challenges and to ensure that service delivery meets expectations, including for example, Heads of Claims, DUA and Compliance.
- A strong understanding and experience of Company, Lloyd’s and London Markets and the outsourced claims handling environment in the UK (and ideally other jurisdictions).
- Able to communicate, negotiate, persuade and influence at all levels across QBE EO and DCA Providers as well as being able to build strong business relationships with key DCA Providers.
- Exposure to varied classes of business in a claims or audit role.
- Experience of general insurer claims systems and procedures, and the various market systems: Atlas; Charles Taylor TPA Database; Lineage; and ECF.
- Team player with a strong analytical and forward thinking approach with an ability to motivate and achieve required deadlines.
- Knowledge of regulatory implications of delegated authority arrangement in relation to Lloyd’s and the FCA.
- Experience of external claims audit, claims peer review or coverholder audit - desirable
- ACII qualified or progress towards completion of insurance qualifications or equivalent - desirable
- Ability to analyse data and produce effective reports through Excel
- Claims Management
- Commercial Lines
- Due Diligence
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job