Claims Buyer (Procurement)
QBE’s European Operations, which accounts for over 27% of QBE Group turnover, is a leading specialist in London market and European commercial lines business. Active in both the Lloyd’s and company market, QBE offers considerable diversity to the broking community. We are a socially responsible company and give our customers the ability to invest a portion of their premiums in environmentally and socially beneficial projects.
Your responsibilities for this role may include, but are not limited to:
- Manage third party supplier selection, performance and processes to ensure consistency of practice and cost effective delivery of service
- Negotiate supplier contracts to enable consistency of practice across the business and to minimise the end to end costs
- Work with internal stakeholders to develop key performance measures and processes to ensure consistency of practice and cost effective delivery of service
- Monitor and review performance of third party suppliers, including benchmarking, to maintain a clear understanding of performance of suppliers against Service Level Agreements and processes
- Ensure that the supplier activity is aligned to the needs of the business
- Participate in developing, implementing and communicate the Procurement strategy for QBE EO.
- Develop and maintain documented supplier strategy plans in consultation with Procurement and key business stakeholders
- Build and maintain strong and effective relationships with key stakeholders and suppliers to ensure that service delivery meets the expectation of key business stakeholders
- Manage the expectations of stakeholders so that any issues are identified, addressed and resolved promptly
- Develops and implements processes to improve supplier performance
- Develops supplier contracts to ensure clarity of supplier performance measures and minimise contractual risks to QBE
- Develop, build and maintain supplier MI to monitor performance against contract KPIs
- Track the overall delivery of implemented projects to ensure savings expectations are on target
You will need to be able to display you have the following qualifications and experience:
- Ability to negotiate complex contracts across multiple lines of business
- Experience of working in a commercial role within a professional procurement team
- A broad working knowledge of multiple categories across the insurance sector
- Experience of managing external organisations to ensure the delivery of business objectives
- An understanding of supplier markets and market dynamics
- Development of supplier contracts
- Capable of building relationships with external organisations
- Communicates effectively at all levels within the organisation
- Ability to change manage improvements to existing processes and introduction of new processes
- Report / business documentation production - able to produce logical, well thought through reports/documents including contracts
- Ability to deliver work to agreed standards and deadlines.
- Able to use MS office applications to a expert level , Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint
At QBE, we view our people as our most precious asset. We understand the importance of fostering a work environment that is responsive to the changing needs of today's workforce. QBE aims to build a workplace that is fair and inclusive because we want to attract and retain the best people to do the job. Search for QBE on Vercida to learn more about our Diversity and Inclusion programmes and policies.
- Supplier Performance
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'