A leading Insurance organisation are seeking a Claims Assessor to join their team:-
We are looking for an individual with the following areas of expertise:
- Understanding of how to interpret reports (mainly Medical), write reports and other professional correspondence.
- Keeping up to date on all our clients’ requirements and able to locate and interpret all relevant policy documentation.
- The ability to deliver decisions of benefit eligibility in a professional and empathetic manner.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Decision making skills and ability to use own initiative and work independently.
- A diplomatic open style and approach, with excellent verbal and written communication.
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- A good understanding and previous experience of the private medical insurance industry and claims processing, would be desirable but not neccessary.
- PC skills with good knowledge of Microsoft packages.
- The ability to demonstrate customer led thinking.
- Proactive approach to work and analytical problem solving skills.
- The ability to plan and organise own workload, and work well under pressure.
- The ability to work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills.
- Good commercial awareness with the ability to make decisions with the "bigger picture" in mind.
- Ability to identify when it becomes appropriate to escalate a problem.
- Ability to make effective contact with clinicians, accurate assessment of information obtained and acting appropriately upon the outcome.
- An overall external awareness of new technology or development within the industry to pre-empt and be prepared for possible related queries.
Please note the working shift patterns:
Required to work a 35 hour week, Monday to Friday covering 8am to 6pm and Saturday mornings from 8am to 1pm. We operate a shift pattern Monday to Friday, shifts are 8am to 4pm, 9am to 5pm and 10am to 6pm. Individuals are required to work one Saturday per month for which overtime is paid or a day off in lieu is given.