Claims Assessment Advisor
Pre-Assessment Team, Watford
37.5 hours per week
Client service is at the heart of Slater and Gordon and we take pride in the impressive headlines we generate, demonstrating our range of work and the relentless pursuit of justice by our Solicitors.
We are currently recruiting for a Pre Assessment Team Advisor in the Legal Review Team at our Watford Office. In this role you will vet, place and accept where applicable, employers liability, public liability and road traffic accident claims for the firm.
If you have got the talent, ambition and focus and are looking for a stimulating and rewarding career we would love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to include:
- Assessing claims with a view to acceptance according to in house criteria as well as legal and insurance principals.
- Providing guidance where necessary if the case doesn’t meet the criteria
- Making decisions on files for the purpose of case acceptance/decline
- Speaking with clients for the purposes of adding value and fact finding
- Proof reading editing and amending clams in order to make them ready for a file handler.
- Hitting targets and departmental KPI’s
- Assessing photos and evidence
- Previous insurance or legal experience is desirable but not essential
- Legal or insurance related degree is desirable but not essential
- Excellent telephone manner and great attitude towards customer service
- Excellent communication skills
- Good analytical skills
- Computer literate with good Word, Excel and Outlook skills
- Excellent organisation and time management
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Attention to detail
- Adaptable to changing environments
What we offer in return:
In return we offer a competitive salary with market leading benefits, a positive and inviting work environment, exposure to industry specialists and the fantastic opportunity to develop a rewarding and successful career with an award winning law firm.
Shift patters are Monday to Friday 9am to 5:30pm or 11:30am to 8pm, Saturday 9am to 3pm or 11am to 5pm and Sunday 12pm-6pm. Weekend days are on a rotational basis on average 2 per Month and if you do work one you will receive a day off in Lieu.
Slater and Gordon are a leading consumer law firm and our mission is to give people easier access to world class legal services. The firm provides specialist legal and complementary services in a broad range of areas and our clients are the centre of it all.
How to apply:
If you would like to make a formal application please select "Apply now" and follow the online process. Should your application be shortlisted a member of the recruitment.
- Customer Service
- Accident Claims
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job