Aon are currently recruiting an experienced Claims Advocate to join our Financial Lines Claims team, part of the Global Broking Centre (GBC) based in Chelmsford. As Claims Advocate, you will primarily be responsible for the management of the strategy and process for the notification, agreement, collection and successful settlement of a portfolio of claims, predominantly for UK Financial Services claims.
About the role
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Complete claim notification form with all the information required in Brokasure, notify the claim, subsequent advice and settlement to carriers. Liaise with the Claims Advocate in case of queries. Provide advice and guidance on coverage and perform analysis of coverage-related issues for clients to facilitate the settlement and payment of claims.
- Carefully manage the claims negotiation process with clients, underwriters and or their appointed legal representatives and or loss adjusters.
- Facilitate the resolution of any outstanding coverage issues, with the support of the Senior Claims Advocate/Head of Advocacy. Be able to proactively anticipate and present to clients the best strategy to resolve the claim
- Coordinate discussions and, where appropriate, meetings to ensure superior level of communication between the client, underwriter and their representatives concerning the proposed settlement. Escalate to complex advocate if required. Negotiate the payment and settlement of claims with clients and underwriters
- Engage, monitor and manage third party providers appointed by clients, underwriters or Aon (e.g. loss adjusters, lawyers, surveyors, engineers etc.).
- Technical support for pre-renewal meetings, placing and renewal negotiations
- Issuance of timely, accurate and clear instructions to the outsourcer to enable claims to be processed either directly or via Claims Handler / Advocate.
- Conduct data analysis to establish the claims history for a particular client or business portfolio, and identify trends and patterns in claims for a client or business segment. Collect data on large and complex claims and ensure effective communication is in place with business units, with clients, the network, markets and other related internal groups.
- Engage with Head of Advocacy for relevant discipline to assist in setting and managing the strategy to satisfactorily conclude contentious claims in tandem with other areas of the business as necessary.
You will ideally have the following knowledge and skills:
- Qualified or studying for ACII or equivalent
- Experience of end to end claims handling, including UK Financial Lines claims, and conducting claims file reviews
- Experience of using CLASS & ECF claims processing systems and / or Brokasure is desirable
- Demonstrable negotiation skills, communication skills and an analytical mindset demonstrated through fact-based decision making
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Knowledge of FCA requirements and standards
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare and additional holiday.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'