£40,000 to £55,000
Our client, a highly respected and well known Lloyd's / London market insurer, is currently looking for a Claims Adjuster.
The successful candidate will adjust claims from a variety of classes of business, including D&F US/International Property, Power and Mining, Construction, Treaty, Terrorism and Renewable Energy, written on both Lloyd’s and company market platforms.
- Interpret policy coverages and determine if coverages apply to claims submitted.
- Set activities, reserves and authorises payment within scope of authority, settling claims in the most cost effective and timely manner. Ensures prompt issuance of disbursements while effectively managing loss costs and claim expenses.
- Participate in performing investigations and evaluating claims through contact with insureds, claimants, witnesses and experts.
- Identify and escalate serious claim developments to management.
- Partner with legal counsel, account representatives, brokers, underwriters and insureds to develop a focused strategy for resolution of claims.
- Develop and maintain strong broker relationships.
- Participate in planning strategy and negotiate within scope of authority.
- Analyse claims activity and prepare reports for management review.
- Knowledge of Property claims and insurance industry theory and practices.
- Developing technical expertise, product specific knowledge and negotiation skills.
- Ability to negotiate and settle claims effectively.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills. Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite as well as other business-related software; experience with ECF and/or CLASS would be an advantage.
- Appropriate knowledge of all relevant regulatory and legal requirements applicable to the position.
Keywords: Claims Adjuster; Claims Handler; D&F Claims; US Property Claims; International Property Claims; Power and Mining Claims; Construction Claims; Treaty Claims; Terrorism Claims; Renewable Energy Claims; Lloyd's; London Market
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'