Claims Adjuster - Marine Industry
Temporary with potential to turn Permanent
Rock Recruitment Solutions are delighted to be working with an insurance company based in Poole who are looking for a claims Adjuster to join their growing team.
For applicants to be considered, they are required to hold either a Cert CII, Dip CII, ACII or FCII qualification in insurance OR a minimum of 2 years claims handling experience - in any insurance field. An interest in the marine industry or sailing is an advantage however not essential.
Duties of the role will include:
- Correspond with Insurance Brokers, Marine Engineering Surveyors, specialists, agents, witnesses, or claimants to compile information.
- Calculate benefit payments and approve payment of claims within a certain monetary limit dependent upon the policy coverage.
- Analysis of information gathered by investigation and report findings and recommendations.
- Collect evidence to support contested claims in court.
- Interview or correspond with claimant and witnesses, consult police and hospital records, and inspect marine asset damage to determine extent of liability.
Some skills needed for the role will be:
- Able to work with deadlines and timescales.
- Manage a large workload.
- Confident using different IT systems and programmes.
- Open minded and willing to learn.
- Interest and knowledge of the marine industry.
- Able to investigate insurance claims.
- Experience maintaining insurance records.
If you would like more information regarding the Claims Adjuster role or to apply please submit your CV, all applicants will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Thank you in advance for your application.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job