nrswa cscs foreman reinstatement excavation
Civils Lead for a major UK Broadband services provider
Up to £40k base plus company van and 10% bonus and benefits
Our client is the largest 1 Gig residential broadband provider in the UK. Over the past 5 years we’ve grown from a small team of people with a simple idea, to a larger group of people executing the idea with a simple focus - efficiently bringing 1 Gig broadband to urban areas across the UK.
As we continue to evolve our strategy we are looking for people who believe in reliability, intelligence, zeal, and excellence. If you’re looking for an exciting challenge that is rewarding and enjoyable then read on….
They are more than just an internet service provider; it also installs its own fibre infrastructure into multi-occupancy buildings, bringing the UK’s fastest internet speeds to users. Your mission will be to ensure duct routes and access points are either cleared or where needed, new routes installed to allow the installation of fibre optic cables.
You will have experience in a similar civil environment within the telecommunications or utility industry. Health & Safety will have been at the heart of everything you have done and you should have the ability to demonstrate strong knowledge and focus on this. You should be competent in using equipment such as hand held devices to carry out daily reports. Your time served in the industry will mean that you have
demonstrable experience in street works and have industry recognised qualifications, essentially NRSWA and CSCS. You will have proven reinstatement experience in both footway and carriageway. You will be able to demonstrate how you have led a team in order to deliver on tight timescales and to a high standard.
Reporting to the Civil Engineering Manager.
Responsibilities and duties will include:
- Responsible for civil works undertaken in the public highway, private land and customer premises in accordance with current legislation, client standard operating procedures and company health and safety policies
- Conduct pre-work site specific surveys, excavation, duct and chamber installation, repair and reinstatement of a telecommunications network
- Ensure all civils and cabling works are undertaken in compliance with all current client processes and procedures as well as NRSWA quality standards and specification
(Essential and desirable)
- Previous experience in a similar role preferably in the telecommunications industry
- Determination and commitment to delivery and quality
- Energetic, logical with an eye for detail
- Proactive and positive approach
- Can communicate effectively, professionally and technically
- Hold a full UK driving licence
- NRSWA certification
- CSCS certification
- First Aider
- SSSTS qualification
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job