The role will be to work alongside specialist Detectives within CSE (Child Sexual Exploitation)
The Child Abuse Investigation Unit works together with colleagues within the MPS, local authorities, Children's Social Care and other agencies to safeguard children against abuse. The unit investigates allegations of ill treatment of children, including physical abuse, sexual abuse, emotional abuse and neglect. The CAIT teams are based across 15 pan-London sites.
Agency workers will be under the supervision of a Detective Sergeant (DS). Their role will include:
* Trace and interview victims/witnesses - as per Operational victim strategy secure accounts including VRI and/or MG11
* Liaise with Local Authority CSC re sharing of information and potentially attend strategy meetings.
* Researching MPS databases for victims/witnesses/suspects.
* Assist officers when processing suspects by conducting searches/interviews (as directed by the DS)
* Preparation of relevant documentation for and submission of items/devices to forensic hubs/labs for examination
* Assist officers in reviewing material held by the investigation team, including third party material.
* Assist officers with preparation of case files/scheduling of disclosure material
* Assist IOs with preparation of cases for court. Collection and conveyance of witnesses/victims as directed by the DS. Support at trial as directed by the DS.
Ideally, candidates will have previous CAIT/Sapphire/SOIT experience, be ABE trained and be competent evidential statement (MG11) takers
This is a Civilian Investigator (ex-officer) role, meaning that candidates must have worked directly for a UK based police force in order to be considered.
If you are interested, please ring Martin Cookson on
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job