We have received a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic Civil Technician to join an award winning engineering and construction consultancy on a permanent basis in Redditch. Our client have recently won a waste water infrastructure project and they are looking for Civil Technician to join their team of Urban Drainage Designers.
Your role and responsibilities will include:
- Identification and assessment of suitable options and development of a single preferred costed technical solution.
- Undertake option evaluation/assessment for projects within the agreed timescales and budget.
- Support the preparation of the Business Case Reports clearly defining the project proposals for governance approval.
- Communicate and quantify any residual risks associated with the preferred solution.
- Provide design input and advice where appropriate to developers and contractors.
- Investigate and apply innovative approaches that will improve work efficiency.
- Maintain technical knowledge of survey, design, drafting, project and contract management standards and techniques.
- Liaise with clients and ensure projects are managed effectively to meet quality, time and budget specifications.
- Produce technical reports, cost estimates, contract documentation, and contract management for wastewater infrastructure projects.
- Minimum HNC/HND in Civil Engineering or other relevant subject.
- Previous experience within the water industry, with a focus on the feasibility and design of wastewater network projects would be desirable.
- Computer literate with experience of MS Office and GIS packages including Mapinfo or ArcGIS.
- Ability to support the development of projects from a brief.
- Able to support and manage project team members.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to develop strong client relationships.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK without Visa restrictions.
For further information please call Rebecca Hadaway on or email rebecca.hadaway @ blueprintrecruit.com and quote 13986, or apply directly using the "Apply" option below.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job