The ideal candidate is required to have a proven track record in Civil & Structural Design, in particular the following market sectors:
- Transportation, including rail, underground and Airports Science and Technology, including Pharmaceutical and Research & Development
- Public Sector, including Education, Defence, Healthcare, and Law and Order
- Waste and Environmental
They will be ideally proficient, certainly familiar with the following CAD Platforms & software:
- Micro Drainage
The minimum qualification is HNC level, preferable EngTech T.M.I.C.E. or TIStructE. Client care and repeat business are intrinsic to the role you will need to demonstrate an aptitude of effective communication with our clients that supports this key business objective. Prerequisite to the role is experience in leading Packages of work, and the ability to ensure cost effective and accurate delivery. This will be demonstrated by a track record of successful projects and contribution to departmental development. You will have a strong demonstrable communication style and interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to influence and negotiate both internally and externally with an open and inclusive style.
- Liaise with other team members in a multi-disciplinary environment to achieve holistic building solutions to client brief, this includes 3D & BIM.
- Liaise with other members of the team to determine and define the client brief
- Design and specify all aspects of Civil & Structural engineering in accordance with current guidelines, standards and regulations
- Maintain a knowledge of current issues related to general construction and specifically Civil & Structural guidelines, standards and regulations
- Contribute to the design planning, resourcing and fee planning of specific project teams
- Assist in the training and development of junior members of the design team
- Review and provide a peer group audit function of the designs of other team members
- Participate in effective presentations to external organisations, clients and peer groups
- Contribute to the development of the Civil & Structural Department as required by the Associate Director
- Ensure quality of delivery.
- Ensure thorough checking.
- Inspire creativity and innovation.
- Ensure technical quality & coordination.
- Contribute to bids as requested
- Prepare for internal design reviews.
- Undertake all actions identified in design review.
- Undertake checking of others work.
- Undertake design for a wide range of project types and sizes.
- Take a flexible approach to the delivery of design solutions
- Think project not discipline.
- Be creative.
- Be challenging.
- Communicate with the departmental management to ensure that resource requirements are clearly understood.
- Provide support to Juniors in their professional development.
- Provide feedback on the performance of the department from a technical and operational perspective.
- Develop relationships with preferred suppliers.
- Drive use of preferred suppliers.
- Competitors: Gather intelligence & monitor activity.
- Manage resources to ensure fee control and programme delivery.
- Contribute to the monitoring of project fee spend and deliver commercial objectives.
- Contribute to Cost of Further Works and resource plans.
- Contribute to departmental development when requested to do so.
- Provide feedback on where departmental development would benefit project delivery.
- Participate in knowledge sharing across team and locations.
- Attend and present in-house design courses and seminars.
- Keep up to date with design trends/competitor awareness /design techniques /CPD /current CAD platforms.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job