Rolton Group is a multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy that serves clients throughout the UK, across a broad spectrum of sectors. With an ethos that is rooted in long-term partnership, a high percentage of our work is repeat business and we enjoy successful professional relationships with globally recognised brands such as Jaguar Land Rover, Arcadis and IKEA, that span decades.
Focusing on the challenges posed by shaping the built environment, reducing carbon footprint, and creating sustainable energy strategies, we develop lasting solutions and deliver measurable benefits for clients across many sectors.
Main Purpose of the Role:
We are looking for a Civil and/or Structural Graduate Engineer. You will join the Structural Engineering team that provides engineering support to a number of national developers including new build and refurbishment projects for the public and private sectors, primarily in the residential sector.
You will be responsible, under the leadership of the Senior Project Engineer, for the project management of numerous schemes for clients in the Residential and Public sectors. This will include design of structural elements, working with other team members and project teams together with direct liaison with the client and other design team professionals.
On a typical day, you will be responsible for:
- Liaison and representation of Rolton Group, with other project professionals
- Management of own workload and those of others assigned to the project team
- Maintaining records and archives within Rolton document and project management systems
- Use of and training in AutoCAD and Revit
- Preparing technical drawings and detail with guidance from the Associate Director/Senior Engineer and Project Engineer
The ideal candidate will have a degree in Civil/Structural Engineering and will have either Student or Associate membership of an appropriate professional body.
On top of this, you must:
- Have a good level of computer literacy in Windows, AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office software
- Be adaptable
- Be personable
- Be keen to progress and develop within your chosen career
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn
- Be willing and able to visit site from time to-time and provide support to our other offices
Experience of using Revit is preferable, but not essential.
Salary & Benefits:
- A starting salary of £25,000
- Support to achieving Chartered Engineering status
- 25 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays
- Auto-Enrolment Pension Scheme
- Sports and Social Events
Training Opportunities & Progression:
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to improve their knowledge, skills and experience whilst being mentored by one of our Professional Engineers.
You will embark on a tailored Graduate Programme with a view to achieving Chartered Engineering status.
If you think this exciting opportunity is for you, please apply today.
Discovery are the retained managing consultants. All applications will be processed through Discovery. We regret due to the high volume of applications we receive; only those successful on application will be contacted for interviews. In the event that you are unsuccessful for this opportunity, we may still be able to help you and we will retain your application and consider you for other opportunities.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job