Civil Engineering Lecturer
Civil Engineering Lecturer, salary up to £35Kpa, location Weston-super-Mare
A multiple award-winning college is looking to strengthen their teaching team across the construction sector specifically within the Civil Engineering department. The college have industry leading facilities available which offer students a high quality learning environment.
This college have built up significant partnerships to provide apprentices to some well respected organisations. Successful applicants will be passionate to deliver the very best experience for students and prepare them for their onwards progression in to the job market.
This is an exciting opportunity to perhaps change your career path and really make a difference to the career of others. The college can support you to achieve relevant teaching qualifications to enable you to make the move from industry over to education.
- The delivery of courses related to their specialist area and a wider range of engineering related subjects.
- Revising of schemes of work, lesson plans, course reviews, and internal verification in compliance with College procedures.
- Staying abreast of developments relating to the specialist area.
- Tutorship of students, showing sensitivity to their needs and encouraging the highest possible standards.
- Meeting targets with reference to student progress on programme, for their attendance and retention.
- Providing advice and guidance to students in their progression to either employment or other courses within the College.
- Producing all relevant reports and progression data in a timely manner for college and employers.
- Contributing to the development of programmes, courses and training materials as appropriate.
- Liaising with employers and external agencies including awarding bodies and managing agents with the object of improving programmes of learning and forging partnerships.
- Carrying out work-based assessments related to the area as needed.
- Taking part in recruitment activities; offering information, advice and guidance to those looking to follow an engineering career path or associated subject area.
- Organising and arranging with other staff appropriate visits and trips for students that will help contextualise the topics being studied.
- All administrative duties as required with the position.
Key Skillsand qualifications
- Significant relevant and recent experience within the Construction Industry.
- Specific experience within Structural, Highways, Tunnelling and demolition engineering.
- HNC/ HND Qualification 9or equivalent), within a construction related subject
- Five GCSEs at Grade C/4 or above
- Teaching Qualification (if you do not hold this qualification, you will be expected to work towards a recognised Teaching Qualification within the first two years of commencing this position
- Highly motivated and organised.
- Setting and achieving high standards for yourself and your students
- Opportunity for progression as the company grows
- Generous Holiday allowance
- Onsite parking
- Range of company benefits including pension
Harvey Richmond Recruitment are acting as independent Recruiters in respect of this role.
- Civil Engineering
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'