Job Title: Scheme Controller
Salary: £39,510 per annum - 45 hours per week
Based in Stockport, our Clients teams provide dedicated, specialist services to the public and private sector businesses in the Greater Manchester areas. Their culture is to engage and listen to the customer's needs, responding with effective, professional and innovative solutions.
Their teams of experts provide customers with a fully rounded 'one stop shop' - catering to all facilities management needs in one place.
Required Experience of:
- Project planning and programme delivery to a predetermined budget and timescales.
- Site supervisory experience with both direct labour and sub-contractors.
- Client liaison, dealing with customer enquiries and dispute resolution.
- Application of Health & Safety legislation
- Quantity surveying and estimating.
- Understanding and practical application of detailed cost analysis and pricing
- Detailed record keeping including financial records and cost recovery
- Tendering processes and exploring new market opportunities
- Producing Health & Safety plans and Site Waste Management Plans
- Robust understanding of Chapter Eight and safe working practices.
- Knowledge of a computerised financial monitoring system and/or works ordering system.
- A full driving licence and be willing to use own vehicle for work purposes.
Main purpose of job:
- Planning, delivering and financially monitoring projects within the Highways portfolio using such programmes as Causeway or equivalent.
- Setting out of works to line and level from civil engineering drawings using total stations/ coordinates and EDM equipment
- Delivery of projects producing programmes of work based on NEC 4 and equivalent using predetermined plans and specifications and ensuring profitability.
- Monitoring of operational timescales and resources with supervision and technical support.
- Quantifying; cost analysis and clarity when accounting for expenditure using programmes such as Causeway or equivalent.
- High levels of record keeping and reporting to support the financial and contractual obligations of each individual projects will be required.
- Attending meetings and producing information for pre-site/ interim and final accounts/ Whole programme delivery and individual scheme delivery/Work In Progress/Progress meetings with individual clients/advising and proposing construction methods and techniques.
Your main responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- To ensure that all health, safety and welfare duties, requirements and responsibilities within the post holder's remit are fulfilled to the required standards and to contribute to the active and robust management of health, safety and welfare across the entire Group and Company.
- To actively monitor and manage sub-contractors and suppliers of goods and services to ensure that best value and service quality are consistently delivered as and when required.
- Producing detailed programmes for delivering projects in a cost effective and profitable manner, improve efficiencies and ensure high standards of workmanship to predetermined standards and specifications.
- Produce accurate measurements, quantities and scheme delivery strategies whilst monitoring costs and expenditure against income.
- Capturing and accurately recording all variations to scope of the works information package.
- Provide detailed financial analysis information for each project as and when required.
- When required, to work with the Operations Manager to direct and supervise front-line personnel, to maximise performance and achieve planned objectives and to ensure that service provision and quality is to the required standards.
- To ensure that operational delivery of the services meets with the requirements of the Service Level Agreements in place between the Company and its customers.
- To explore new products beneficial to the development of the service and the Company.
- To contribute to the implementation, development and operation of performance management and Quality Management Systems and report on performance, as required.
- To resolve customer enquiries and complaints in line with the appropriate policies and procedures.
- To actively pursue and tender for external work by using current marketing and industry based forums.
- Senior Management
- Executive Support
- Operations Manager
- Contract Manager
- Scheme Manager
- Operations Executive
- HSE Manager
- Opps Manager
- B2B Manager
- B2B support
- Scheme Controller
- Scheme Operative
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job