The Civil Engineer ensures the production and monitoring of the civil engineering of the buildings on the nuclear island and proposes technical solutions.
They will directly receive work assignments from and report to the Group Leader.
* Receive, analyse and verify the consistency of the input data.
* Produces the deliverables for which they are responsible (assumption notes, technical specifications, calculation notes).
* Coordinate the work of CAD Designer in conjunction with the Design Office Manager.
* Perform design activities for fastenings in concrete.
* Perform technical verifications of civil engineering documents for their building.
* Create and maintain and responsible for the Design Risk Register
Progress monitoring and change management
* Prepare and chair progress meetings within their scope of activity (internal or external).
* Manage and monitor the modifications requested by the various engineering teams.
* Anticipate and raise alerts on open technical points.
Support in the monitoring of the main civil engineering and equipment contracts
* Make the necessary clarifications to the documents within scope.
* Contribute to surveillance of civil execution drawings
* Contribute to surveillance of the anchorages designed by the equipment suppliers
* Provide support in dealing with the non-conformity and adaptation reports issued by the contractor and relays the modifications to the design office.
Our client has a long history in supplying specialised components, systems and services to the civil nuclear industry. They have designed, engineered, manufactured and supplied custom equipment for both new build projects and operations reactors around the world for more than 40 years.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Civil Engineer Degree
* Design office experience
* Knowledge/understanding of the Eurocodes related to civil engineering
* Knowledge and understanding of relevant Health and Safety regulations
* Knowledge/understanding of the Eurocodes related to civil engineering and especially knowledge of the design of fastenings in concrete.
* Knowledge of the design of reinforced concrete and pre-stressed concrete structures.
* Knowledge of the design of steelwork structures
* Knows how to deal with the design and layout constraints
* Microsoft Word/Excel etc and basic knowledge of the software packages
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
* Experience in the nuclear sector
* Experience in plant layout engineering
* PDMS user knowledge
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.