Title: Civil Engineering Technician
Penguin Recruitment is currently supporting a leading multi-disciplinary consultancy who are currently seeking a dynamic Civil Engineering Technician to join their busy Newcastle office.
Working under the supervision of a Senior Engineer, you will report to your line manager as part of the Civils team responsible for the design, submission and approval of a wide and diverse range of projects including residential, educational, healthcare & commercial sectors. The successful candidate will have a solid understanding and experience in the delivery of all infrastructure aspects of projects from a technical approval viewpoint.
- Production of drawings and construction details using AutoCAD.
- Supporting the administration of projects.
- Supporting the Civil/Senior Civil Engineers throughout the design process.
- Meeting agreed deadlines and raising any issues that arise to the Senior Engineers.
- Contributing to providing solutions to design problems.
- Ensuring designs meet the required standards following our Quality Management System.
- Attend internal design review meetings.
- Preparation of simple calculations.
- Residential designs to local authority and water authority standards.
- Conversant with current building regulations.
- Familiar with NHBC and LABC standards.
- Produce private levels and drainage designs for residential, commercial and industrial development
- Appropriate qualification in civil engineering
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience of using AutoCAD, Civils 3D or PDS software
- Knowledge of all approval processes including Highways Section 38, 278 and Water Authority Section 104 technical agreements.
- Ability to work with other design team members in the design process.
If you feel this role may be of interest, we would love to hear from you! Call Myles Hooban now on or email .
- Civil 3D
- Auto Cad
- Micro Drainage
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'