Civil Engineer/Job Runner - New Homes
£25,000 - £50,000 DOE + Company Benefits
Howells Solutions are working with a reuptable new homes developer in the East Midlands who are seeking a permanent Civil Engineer.
The person they appoint will be responsible for the design and coordination of all infrastructure, substructure and groundworks information to enable efficient and cost effective construction of new housing schemes.
Reporting directly to the Technical Director, you will be responsible for between 3-5 live projects contributing housing numbers set by the company's annual construction target.
- Co-ordinating consultants for road, sewer, external works, private drainage structural, foundation, pump station and other bespoke designs. Review designs for cost/build issues and mark-up drawings/arrange meetings to feed back to consultants.
- Obtain technical submission drawing/info packs from the consultants for submission to authorities.
- Obtain and evaluate new utility quotes for most cost effective and suitable offers.
- Assessment of any diversion/upgrade works required to existing services that affect the development and obtain costs/timescales for diversions in good time to suit programme. Calling off initial mains installation and attending pre start meetings with utility companies/organising payments.
- Obtaining foundation designs, suspended slab designs, schedules, standard details and relevant information to enable construction. Review all foundation designs for cost/build issues and make comments.
- Review site GI reports to see if any protective/remedial measures are required. Organise geotech. Consultants to carry out testing/site works to clear planning conditions classify spoil material/waste and remediate ground if required to do so.
- Review ecological and arboricultural reports to ensure that protected species and vegetation are dealt with prior to any critical site works starting. Ongoing attendance with specialist consultants as required for certain protected species.
- Inspections/adoptions with authorities including fees, attendance of meetings on site with inspectors and contractors, procurement of as-built survey information/manhole cards, street light test certificates, CCTV surveys. Arrange for any remedial works to be carried out and determine whether these are the responsibility of the contractor or DDL. Organising CCTV/Jetting of existing/newly constructed sewers to ensure they are in good working order while in the maintenance period. Attending site or organising a drainage contractor if customer care issues relating to drainage are reported.
This position would suit a professional who is qualified with a HNC / HND or similar in Civil Engineering and currently working for a PLC house builder or Consultancy who work within the residential sector.
It is desired you have experience working on larger residential schemes (over 100 plots).
To be considered for this position, you must be a highly organised individual with good problem solving abilities and strong communication skills. You will ideally enjoy working in a fast paced, team environment and be able to respond quickly to technical queries and evolving project briefs
Will also consider Assistant Engineers! There is an opportunity for someone to train/develop.
If you feel that you have the relevant experience to be successful in this position and would like to find out more please apply online today attaching a copy of your current CV. Alternatively contact us on .
Howells Solutions are an Equal Opportunities employer. All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence. Howells Solutions acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'