Civil Engineer - Highways and Infrastructure
Civil Engineer - Highways and Infrastructure - required to join our clients Civil and Structural Engineering Consultancy based near Bedford. The Highways and Infrastructure Engineer will be working on a variety of projects on roads and bridges. The highways Design Engineer will be tasked with a challenging role covering interesting projects within healthcare, commercial offices, education, retail, mixed-use and residential schemes throughout the UK.
The Highways Design Engineer will have a HNC or higher in a relevant Engineering discipline from an ICE or IHT approved establishment. The ideal Highways Design Engineer will have at least 2 years' experience within a similar role working in a consultancy or design office in the UK. The Engineer should have experience of specification for highway works and ICE standard method of measurement as well as being proficient in Design software MicroDrainage, PDS and Civils 3D.
Civil Engineer - Highways and Infrastructure Position Overview
- Undertake engineering analysis and prepare calculations highway engineering projects.
- Be proficient in the use of MicroDrainage, PDS, Civils 3D.
- Prepare civil engineering drawings using AutoCAD.
- Provide technical support
- Attend design meetings, site meetings and carryout site inspections.
- Liaise and communicate clearly in a professional manner to clients, contractors
- Work on projects in consideration to the agreed budgetary limits
- Mentoring and training more junior members of staff.
Highways and Infrastructure Engineer Position Requirements
- HNC or higher in Civil Engineering from ICE or IHT approved institution.
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years' relevant local authority, consultant or design office experience.
- Extensive knowledge of the design manual for roads and bridges
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to work.
- UK Driving Licence
- Ability to prepare drawings using AutoCAD in a Civil/Highway
- Live near to Bedford
Civil Engineer - Highways and Infrastructure Position Remuneration
- Salary DOE
- Package to be discussed at interview stage.
We, Bennett and Game Recruitment, a technical recruitment agency based in Chichester are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'