Indigo are a market leader in the UK for the provision of car parking and associated services. With our expertise and experience in designing, building, financing and operating across a variety of market sectors, we specialise in the development and management of car parking solutions for both public and private organisations. With our Business Support Centre based in Watford, Hertfordshire this prime location allows us to grow and deliver our services nationally. We currently have 67 contracts across the UK and a workforce of approx. 850. With a keen focus on business development, we are looking to recruit great people to our existing teams!
We are currently seeking to recruit a hardworking and motivated individual to work as a Civil Enforcement Officer, based at our City of London Contract.
As a Civil Enforcement Officer, you will be responsible for enforcing the On Street Parking Regulations for the contract and for issuing Penalty Charge Notices (PCN’s) to offending vehicles where necessary.
The successful candidate will be encouraged to gain exposure in other sections such as CCTV and Cash Collection; as such this role will suit someone who has aspirations to become multi-skilled across various units.
Reporting to the Team Leader, working hours are 40 hours per week five days out of seven (Mon to Sun) between the hours of Midnight to 23:59. You will also be required to work 4 nights before Christmas and the hours for this is 22:00-07:00 (dates are usually confirmed mid-November). There is also a requirement for some bank holiday work; therefore you will need to have a flexible attitude to your working hours.
What is the 'ideal’ candidate for this role? Here at Indigo we are looking for individuals who have the required capabilities not only to carry out the core functions of the role but have a passion to deliver great service:
- Comprehensive literacy, and interpersonal skills in order to deal with the public effectively
- Initiative - we love to hear your ideas!
- The ability to work with minimum supervision but also as part of a team
- Able to problem solve during stressful situations
- A full, clean driving licence (CatB1 manual) is not essential but is desirable
- An enjoyment of working outdoors and meeting new people
- A good understanding of the City of London "Square Mile"
- Previous experience of working within a customer service environment would be advantageous
We believe that working for Indigo is great. Why? We are always thinking of creative ways to give more to our employees. Here is a sample of some of the current benefits on offer:
- Work Place Pension
- Free Uniform
- Access to Learning & Development
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 28 days holiday (incl. bank holidays) pro-rata
- Child Care Vouchers
- Cycle to Work salary sacrifice scheme
- Merlin Entertainment Employee Discount
- Eye Care vouchers
- Length of Service Rewards
- Employee Recognition Scheme
- Simply Health Corporate discount on health & dental plans
- Employee discount on a multiple of gym memberships across the UK with 'My Gym Discounts’
- O2 Open employee benefit scheme offering discounted mobile phone contracts with up to 25% off
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Conflict Resolution
- Positive Team Player
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job