Your new company
The company enables the development of new infrastructure more quickly, safely and efficiently through their modular steel bridging and temporary works solutions. The company includes temporary and permanent steel bridge construction and bridge installation, temporary groundworks equipment, propping and jacking, and formwork and falsework systems.
Your new role
To offer customers effective and safe engineering designs for excavations, Formwork, Falsework and building refurbishment projects. Liaise effectively with other team members within regional engineering office, other regional engineering teams, other departments and clients.
- Liaising with Rep to finalise design brief details to ensure the clients' requirements are accurately captured. To prepare designs for temporary works schemes for excavations, Formwork, Falsework and building refurbishment projects, based on the use of the Company's proprietary systems, and equipment. All schemes are to be prepared in accordance with the Company's work instructions under their ISO 9001 quality procedure. The schemes shall be performed under the guidance and supervision of the Regional Engineering Manager (REM). Providing clear design information to the checking engineer. Effective communication with the engineering team and Rep to ensure timescales are understood and agreed by all concerned parties. Prepare an equipment parts list. Attend client meetings and carry out site visits.
- Efficient use of AutoCAD to produce high quality drawings.
- Complying, monitoring and improving (where necessary) QA Procedures.
- Complying with Management H&S documents. Producing safe designs, schemes, method statements and risk assessments in accordance with CDM Regulations 2007. Contributing to improving safety systems.
- Complying with Management Environmental documents.
- Ensuring provision and maintenance of high level of service in all areas. Liaising with Commercial Department to ensure customer satisfaction. Identifying and developing new business opportunities.
- Effective use of computers. Support to other teams departments as required. Communicating with clients via email/letter/telephone. Correct and timely completion of time sheets/expenses etc.
What you'll need to succeed
- Civil Engineer, either HNC/HND or preferably degree qualified
- Efficient, economic schemes - level of knowledge of products and uses, feedback from REM and checking engineer
- Quality of design - knowledge of codes and analysis software, feedback from REM and checking engineer
- Quality of drawings - feedback from REM and checking engineer
- Accuracy of equipment parts list - feedback from REM and checking engineer
- Timely issue of design information - feedback from Rep and customers
- Customer satisfaction - feedback from customers, level of repeat business
- QA Procedures followed, Documents/Forms kept up to date - QA Audit Report
- Development of business - new areas of business identified
What you'll get in return
Salary range £36,000 - £40,000, 25 days holiday, Heath care scheme, Annual bonus scheme (profit related)
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job