As a Citrix Technical Specialist you will have the opportunity to perform/undertake the following activities:
- Updates/Patching - keep the service up-to-date, ensure it is supported and delivering in-line with customer expectations
- Ownership - final point of contact, own external relationships, own associated problem records
- Monthly reporting - provide leadership team with visibility
- Compliance - across the Group's estate may be necessary for service such as AV, encryption
- Evangelise - spread the word, work with the communications team, PMs etc
- Futures - understand what's coming, what's changing, work with the design team to test
Day-to-day you will commonly work with the following technologies:
- XENApp / XENDesktop
- Application Layering and Abstraction,
- VMWARE VDi, View & Horizon
- Microsoft Server Operating Systems - Windows Server /2008r2/2012.
Technical Skills and Capabilities
- Ownership of the r group Virtualisation & Application technologies, future proofing of the architecture and service.
- Knowledge of virtualization & storage area network (SAN) concepts and technologies
- Knowledge & understanding of industry best practices
- Ability to understand and communicate complex technology concepts clearly
- The skills to demonstrate excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Sound documentation skills when documenting technical systems, and incidents.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to ensure the provision of excellent customer service, customer management, and interaction with colleagues and peers
- Technical knowledge of XENAPP, XENDesktop, Netscaler
- Knowledge of VMware virtualization technologies (vCenter, vSphere, ESXi, DRS, vMotion, HA, FT, DRS, SRM, VCM, VDI View, Power CLi, vRops, Orchestrator).
- Experience with Storage, Network & Backup Technologies
- A good understanding of Active Directory.
- Expert knowledge of the Windows OS and has experience with Windows Server 2008r2/2012
- Scripting experience (PowerShell) and networking concepts, TCP/IP, routing, firewalls, network security would be advantageous
- Effective resolution of incidents, and service requests within defined SLA timescales.
- Effective use of problem management techniques to deal with frequently occurring wide-scale issues.
- Effective use of change management in line with guidelines
- You will ensure that any monitoring for the systems you have SME ownership of is implemented to ensure any issues are reported and dealt with as soon as possible.
- You will develop and maintain a collaborative relationship with all of the team members, and ensure good relations are kept with all other team member.
- You will develop and manage relationships with the suppliers of the supported systems, and utilise these relationships to ensure the various systems are configured in line with industry best practice, or specific guidelines outlines by the system supplier.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply directly or send your up to date CV to Michael (dot) Coe (at) Networkerstechnology (dot) com.
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job