4D specialises in providing clients with highly efficient, flexible, resilient and cost-effective connectivity, cloud and colocation solutions. Recognised by Deloitte as one of the top 500 fastest growing tech companies in EMEA we have constantly delivered outstanding customer service since our formation in 1999. Due to our continued growth, we are expanding our team, and looking forward to your application.
4D are looking for a Network Engineer qualified to at least CCNA level, with experience in the administration, monitoring and supporting of network services covering our own data centres in Byfleet and Crawley, as well as additional PoPs in London and Kent. You will be part of a dynamic environment with significant opportunity for continuous learning and progression.
You will have excellent written English and administration skills, show attention to detail, with the ability to work under pressure, be well organised and self-motivated. You must be a team player with a positive attitude and willingness to learn. The successful candidate will be good at troubleshooting and fault finding, being able to think on their feet and identify current or potential issues.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the continued availability and reliability of our network services
- Provide 2nd line support for our own and client managed networks
- Provide out of hours, on-call support as part of a rota for network related escalations from our 24x7 1st line engineering team
- Administer network infrastructure as well as client bespoke network and security solutions
- Monitor and test network performance
- Work with current monitoring tools to provide network performance statistics and reports
- Coordinate and implement change projects within the team
- Perform preventative maintenance and anticipate solutions to potential problems
- Manage the pre-provisioning of infrastructure equipment
- Work on Incident, Change and Problem management through to successful resolutions
- Create appropriate documentation to ensure supportability of configured services
Skills and Experience
- Two years’ experience within an equivalent network support role
- UK University level education at BA/BSc level in Computer Science/ Technology specialism or equivalent industry experience
- Cisco CCNA Routing & Switching
- Experience of WAN and LAN environments utilising Cisco routers / switches
- Experience with network management tools
- User level experience with Linux based operating systems
- Outstanding customer facing skills
- Proven troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
What we are offering
The role offers a salary of between £ 27,000 - £ 30,000 dependent upon experience, as well as 21 days annual leave, a fun office environment to work in including free soft drinks, snacks etc… After three months, you will become part of our pension scheme and upon successful completion of your probation period, we will provide private health insurance.
This is a full time role, with some flexibility and requires you to be part of an on-call rotation. There may be occasional travel to other offices and data centres as and when needed.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"