Cisco ccie ccip ccnp voip architect ccde ccda ccde
Cisco IP Network Architect for a major UK managed services provider
Up to £70k/£75k plus bonus and £6.5k car allowance
Wakefield (flexiblity for working from home)
Our client is transforming their telecommunications networks into a true next generation network architecture, so to embrace increase efficiency in operation, realise cost savings, and provide a platform capable of evolving existing products and potentially creating new ones for our customers. Much of the work has already been complete in the Data, Intelligent, Access and Transport network planes. In the final plane, Voice, some bespoke solutions have been developed to suit particular customer needs, but a real step into a voice over IP (VoIP) solution is required to complete the network transformation and realise the full potential of such technologies.
A fundamental tenant of this transformation and our on-going customer connection strategy, is the reliance on our enhanced IP core infrastructure, this underpins the network and the way in which it is configured to achieve our Strategic aims.
The roles are required to specifically support this IP core Routing and Switching infrastructure
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Provide Operational and Design leadership for the network
- Responsibility for the detailed configuration of the IP Routing and Switching infrastructure, ensuring that the network delivers the required outcomes and meets the required Design principles.
- Work with the Platform Design Leads to agree a technical architecture and resolve key issues
- Work with the customer, operational, and product teams to ensure all requirements are accommodated where appropriate
- Work with the third party suppliers to ensure Product requirements are met, defects and faults are fully resolved, and future requirements can be accommodated within the devices deployed.
- Ensure solution are fully thought through and all options considered
- Provide detailed technical support and advice to aid the resolution of Network faults and issues
Key experience required for this role includes:
- Strong technical leadership in the following :-
- IP / Transmission Platforms and Networks and ideally CCNA, CCNP, CCIE Accredited
- In addition an understanding of the following :-
- Access Platforms and Networks
- Voice Platforms and Networks (SIP)
- Network Applications
- Minimum of 5 years technical leadership in the relevant technology
- Experience of an Operational Role
- Hands-on Network experience
- Network Architecture
- Technical Architecture
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job