Cisco networks security architect consultant
UK Wide Consultancy, can be based anywhere in the UK
My client a leading IT Service Provider is currently looking for talented Principal Consultants to join their expanding Security team; Contributing to a wider Group Consultancy Practice hosting some of the best consulting subject matter experts in the UK for Cloud, Workplace, Big Data, and Networking.
The successful individuals will be responsible for providing high value pre-sales and post-sales consulting in a broad and diverse mix of enterprise-scale engagements; you will be a technology expert in the security space and expected to embrace the changing technology horizon both in Industry and Public Sector.The successful individual will be responsible for owning customer requirements and delivering successful outcomes, either individually or as part of a multi-disciplined team.
· Act as Design Authority for multiple, enterprise-scale Security engagements
· Develop business cases
· Produce detailed Scope of Work documentation to support competitive tenders
· Ensure a high level of quality via documentation and personal representation
· Manage change control of design(s), process related tasks and associated documentation
· Handover project initiation to consultants delivering the solution, post-sales
· Work to define services based on supplier technology and in response to the demands of the market
· Manage relationships with all parties involved in end to end solution provision cycle
· Engage in, and manage, Customer demonstrations and Proofs of Concept Technology
· Maintain a high level of industry awareness through training and self-development
· Advise and recommend on future technology and services
· Work closely with Vendors / Partners to keep up-to-date with current and future technologies, products and strategies
· Disseminate knowledge to the other consultants, within the consultancy practice, and other internal service providers.
Experience in security lead objectives in:
- HMG SPF & Accreditation
- Cloud Security Principles
- Information Risk Management
- Information Audit and Compliance
- The candidate must have good experience in defining, carrying out and reporting on security gap analysis and assessments for people, processes and technologies.
- The candidate must have good technical experience in pre-sales, design & delivery in at least 2 of the following vendor areas:
- Cisco Security portfolio (AMP for Endpoint, Umbrella, Cisco CDO & Firepower Management)
- Palo Alto
- Desirable skills in Symantec, McAfee & F5
- Routing and switching skills that complement their Security skills.
- Multi-vendor pre-sales, design, delivery and support experience
- Compliance audit and analysis experience in the following verticals:
- Central Government
- Local Government
- Critical Infrastructure and Control Systems
- Excellent communication skills; both written and oral.
- Proven ability in producing documentation for a technical and business audience.
- Ability to deal with sensitive customer issues.
- Ability to present large internal and external audiences.
- To have worked as a lead technical consultant, leading a team of technical consultants in post-sales or operational projects.
- Experience of working within a number of large organisations (more than 1000 IT users).
- Leadership and organisational skills with the ability to provide technical leadership mentoring.
Training & Certification:
- SC cleared or willing to be security cleared
Vendor Training\Certification in at least two of the following or Equivalent:
- Cisco - CCNP/CCIE in Security
- Palo Alto
- RSA Security Analytics
Desirable to hold further security accreditations with ISACA, ISC2, SANS, GIAC
- Cisco network security architect consultant job
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job