Technology is at the heart of YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP and is the driving force behind its success. Our in-house technology team allows The Group to give customers and brand partners the best possible experience across content and commerce, and to continually innovate and lead the online luxury industry.
YNAP Group is recruiting a Senior DevOps Engineer to work as part of the Continuous Integration (CI) Team within the Global E-Commerce Operations area. Reporting to the CI Tech Lead, the successful candidate will be involved in developing and maintaining YNAP Group’s CI/CD solution, enabling delivery teams to autonomously build and deploy in-house developed and 3rd party applications and services. The candidate will also be involved in automating the provisioning and configuration of cloud and on-premise virtual infrastructure. The team is responsible for training other teams in the use of the CI/CD tooling and supporting their migration from legacy tools.
YNAP group is a highly collaborative environment requiring candidates to work with skilled engineers across a number of teams and geographic locations.
As a senior member of the team you will be proactive in leading technical direction, engage directly with senior stakeholders and promote the tools and services provided by Engineering Services to the wider IT team through showcases and workshops. You will act as a mentor for members of your team as well as developers from other teams and be proactive in defining and promoting best practices.
We run an on-call rota to ensure we support our work. You’ll participate in this rota as part of your day-to-day work.
- Engineer complete CI/CD solution using a combination of open-source and commercial technologies and in-house developed tools as appropriate.
- Train and support other delivery teams in the use of YNAP CI/CD tooling.
- Develop and maintain the automated provisioning of YNAP CI/CD components.
- Ensure all CI/CD systems are highly available, resilient and backed up.
- Work with monitoring and NOC teams to define monitoring requirements for CI/CD systems and ensure effective support model.
- Coach more junior members of the team in technology and working practices.
- Research new technologies and assess suitability to be incorporated into future YNAP CI/CD solutions.
- Work with stakeholders to understand their needs and continually improve the CI/CD product offering.
Skills and Experience:
The ideal candidate has a degree in Computer Science or similar and has gained 3/5 years of experience working in medium or large companies:
- Excellent knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery principles and methodologies.
- Experience in software development and build/release management in private and public cloud.
- Expert knowledge of CI Management tools (Jenkins 1&2, Team City).
- Good understanding of build tools (Maven, Ant, Gradle, Make).
- Strong knowledge of version control software (Git, Bitbucket).
- Good understanding of artefact management (Artifactory).
- Experience in some or all of AWS services and technologies (ElasticBeanstalk, AWS CLI, ELB, Autoscaling, LaunchConfig, VPC, S3).
- Excellent knowledge of modern Configuration Management tools (Ansible, Puppet).
- Experience of infrastructure provisioning tools and processes (Terraform, Packer)
- Understanding of containerization principles and frameworks (Docker).
- Excellent scripting skills (Bash, Python, Ruby).
- Good knowledge of computer security and identity management.
- Experience of system and application monitoring (Zabbix, Grafana, JMX).
- Strong background in Linux systems.
- Experience in working with Agile methodologies and DevOps principles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
Reports to: CI Tech Lead
Location: London, W12
Hours: 37.5hrs/week plus OOH support
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job