We are now recruiting Mail Processors at Yorkshire Distribution Centre, Silkstone House Express Way, Normanton, WF6 2XX
Job reference number - 130281
Do you enjoy working in a team? Tight deadlines not a problem?
Royal Mail is now recruiting Christmas Casual Mail Processors. If you are 18 years of age or over, are punctual, reliable and have a flexible approach, you are the type of person we’re looking for.
Five centuries in business has made Royal Mail more than a household name. We connect companies, customers and communities across the country, delivering a ‘one-price-goes-anywhere’, universal postal service to more than 29 million addresses across the UK.
One of the UK’s leading companies, we are focused on achieving our vision of being recognised as the best delivery company in the UK and across Europe. We want to be more commercial, flexible and efficient and are employing our strong brand and a range of new products and services to achieve this.
Our logistics team are responsible for keeping everything moving. They ensure that millions of pieces of mail are delivered on time every year across the UK and internationally.
Without logistics we simply wouldn’t be able to function. The physical transportation of mail is what we do.
About the role
Processing of mail takes place in the Regional Distribution Centres (RDC). Within the RDC operations include cross docking – which can be road to rail as well as road to road, mail consolidation, parcel processing, bulk mail processing and the processing of mail order returns. RDCs are 24 hour-7 day a week operation. The role involves working as part of a team to achieve tight deadlines
• Cross docking involves the unloading of wheeled containers from incoming vehicles, moving them to the correct despatch lane and then loading them to outgoing transport. This activity involves a significant amount of walking each day, equivalent to 5 miles or more.
• Mail consolidation is the moving of mail from one container to another more appropriate for the conveyance of the work.
• Parcel processing requires scanning and identification of parcel destination by either code number or postcode and placing mail into the correct wheeled container for despatch. This can be done manually or via an automated conveyor system with parcels picked from a moving belt. Once containers are full, they will be pushed to the correct despatch area and loaded onto vehicles.
• Bulk mail is received from customers in a variety of containers and can be in mail bags, trays or bundled and is sorted by code number to an appropriate container for despatch. These containers will then be moved to the despatch lanes and loaded onto trucks.
• Returns are posted by receiving customers for sorting back to the posting customer. These have to be sorted to the correct posting customer and scanned before being loaded onto vehicles for delivery.
• The operations take place in a loud, busy factory-style environment where you will be standing and walking for long periods of time, lifting individual items up to 11kg in weight, carrying out two-person lifts of 20-30kg and pushing wheeled containers weighing up to 250kg.
Pay & Benefits
£9.50 p/h to £11.46 p/h.
Shift patterns are Earlies, Nights and various weekend shift patterns. Please note: we do not have any shift patterns for under 18's.
Does this appeal to you? Do you have the drive and dedication we need, and do you want to work for a company that has stood the test of time? If so, this position may be for you. Royal Mail has been around for 350 years and delivers to every address in the UK.
Please note, once our maximum number of applications has been reached, this vacancy will be withdrawn.
Please do not apply for a Christmas role at more than one location. You may be considered for other sites in your local area. Multiple applications will be deleted.
We are an inclusive employer with equality, diversity and fairness at the heart of our values. We welcome applications from individuals from all different backgrounds and are committed to promoting fair participation and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'