CHP Field Service Engineer
We're looking for a talented CHP Field Service Engineer to work for our client.
This is not your usual CHP opportunity!
Our client is looking for someone to split their time between working as an Engineer directly in the field & providing pre-sales support / technical support to the business. The successful candidate will originate from within the Power Generation sector and possess demonstrable experience in the service, maintenance & troubleshooting of reciprocating gas engines.
If that's you, then you could be exactly what they're looking for!
They are a leading provider of sustainable and energy-efficient solutions to clients across the power generation sector, and as a business, they have a history of sustained growth with excellent opportunities for further expansion in the UK.
The CHP Field Service Engineer role is field-based. Reporting to the Operations Director and covering the Midlands, Northeast, Northwest regions, you will be primarily responsible for effective service and maintenance of CHP sets, acting as the first point of contact for the customer.
In this CHP Field Service Engineer role, you'll be tasked with the following:
- The day to day operations and maintenance including engine fault diagnosis, location, and rectification.
- Electrical fault finding on gas engine control panels, replacing faulty wiring and low voltage electrical components.
- Planned maintenance and breakdown response of all operational units, heat transfer equipment and gas systems.
- Commissioning of new builds including all associated equipment on new projects.
- Training, support and supervision of Technicians.
- The ordering of critical spares and control of stock.
- Sub-contractor supervision.
- Project Management of new installations.
- Pre-sales support, site surveys and assessments.
The CHP Field Service Engineer Candidate:
You'll need experience of:
- Gas-fuelled, reciprocating CHP and generators.
- Troubleshooting, fault finding, repair, service and maintenance.
- Hot water systems, pumps, drives, and boilers.
- Engine control panels.
- 18th Edition.
- Mechanical and/or electrical engineering qualification.
- A gas safe qualification.
The ideal person for the role will:
- Own excellent customer interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be self-motivated, and trustworthy to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Be happy with high mileage driving, and working away from home.
- Be comfortable working in a driven and well-motivated team of very focused people.
- Possess a great sense of humour!
Does that sound like you? If so, we'd love to see your CV.
This position could be right for you if you want to work as any of the following: CHP Field Service Engineer, Power Generation Manager, CHP Engineer, Field Service Engineer, Commissioning Engineer, Operations Technician or as an Operations Engineer.
Basic salary: Circa £50,000 (Negotiable) per annum for the ideal candidate
Bonus: A personal performance bonus is also available
Additional benefits include:
- Company contributory pension
- Paid mileage
- Vehicle/van provided or allowance
- Flexible work schedule
- Sick pay
- 33 days holiday
- Fantastic working environment
- Career progression and development opportunities
If you think you're right for this CHP Field Service Engineer role, then click the 'Apply Now' button, send us your CV and we'll consider you for the first round of interviews.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'