Chinese-speaking Recruitment Business Development (new desk)
We are a well-established niche sector recruitment company dealing within general recruitment but with a focus on languages and the international business sector.
Due to expansion into the London-based Chinese business market, we are seeking a business development focused consultant to join our team; fluent in at least Mandarin (ideally also Cantonese) with excellent written skills (at least simplified Chinese, a strong preference for traditional Chinese ability also) to build a new Chinese language desk, and support the existing multilingual & international business recruitment function.
Our agency is small and niche in focus and will suit an individual who looks for a steady role in a more conservative, supportive, team-based environment.
Duties are varied and require good time management. These include:
- Business Development - contacting new clients and visiting
- Recruitment - handling vacancies, selecting and interviewing candidates, writing profiles
- Administration - related to the above
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / EXPEREINCE
- Commercial sale experience in an business development, new client sales, or possibly active account management background (not just retail)
- Very high fluency in English - both written and spoken
- Totally fluent in Mandarin with business level simplified Chinese written skills
- Totally fluent in Cantonese with business level traditional Chinese written skills - not necessarily essential, but highly preferential
- Very target driven
- Great self-determination, flexible, dynamic, resilient and strong perseverance
- Ability to multi-task, and work to tight deadlines
- PC literate (MS Word [English & Chinese], Excel & in-house database)
- Experience working in a Japanese business environment would be ideal
Base: £23K, depending on experience. Commission - paid quarterly (after probation).
Total approx. £30-35K OTE + discretionary performance based bonus
Our office is based in the City near Bank tube station, with the atmosphere being friendly, team-based and supportive. We are focused on achieving sales growth, in combination with offering a professional and courteous approach to both our corporate clients and job-seeker candidates.
You will have excellent personal qualities - polite, professional in manner and presentation, and will enjoy the new market business development aspect of the role. This will include cold calling potential clients as well as working on key business development focused networking events, partnerships, social media & other related activities. There is a strong administrative element to the duties which require the ability to write persuasively and accurately in both Chinese and English.
We are open to applicants who have worked in other fields in a strongly business development focused role, and who possibly now need to retrain - and who have an interest in becoming a recruitment consultant. However the common theme is that your English will be of a very high standard, as much of what we do is ensuring a good standard of written CVs (checking), profile writing and client correspondence. You should also be keen to settle long term into a role where you will build up good client relationships from scratch, with the astuteness to understand their recruitment needs. An understanding of the London or wider UK business market for international Chinese business would be useful, but not necessarily essential. A good memory is extremely important.
- International Business