This company provides support and accommodation for young people in care (16-21 year olds), often with challenging behaviour and a complex welfare history. Your aim is to prepare these young people to lead successful independent lives. Your role will be to support young people by building their self confidence, providing them with emotional and practical support to gain essential life skills.
The company believes that safeguarding children and young people is everyone’s responsibility and must be reflected in every aspect of our work. The welfare of every child or young person in contact with the organisation remains a priority at all times and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Safeguard and promote the welfare of our young people.
- Form appropriate relationships with Young People and establish and maintain appropriate boundaries. From this relationship, mentor and support Young People in achieving key life skills
- Develop detailed support session outlines for Young People, following the Independence Plan modules.
- Present these support session plans, with outcomes to colleagues, with a view to the session being adopted as generic and used by others.
- Deliver 1:1 Support Sessions and complete Support Session Record Form.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of cases by reading monthly reports, Support Plans, updates and Risk assessments.
- Ensure appropriate and accurate records are made and case files are maintained to a high standard in accordance with the companies procedures.
- Provide appropriate reports, including your recommendations, to Key Workers & Case Managers and follow their guidance.
- In line with Policies and Procedures, correctly manage inappropriate behaviour.
- Make appropriate judgements and decisions to minimise risks to YP, oneself & the company.
- Report any concerns, incidents, accidents, non-return to placement and any other safeguarding concerns to EDT (Social Services out of hours Emergency Duty Team) where appropriate.
- Respond to any internal communication promptly, advising team of your actions and the outcomes.
To ensure that services are provided in accordance with the Organisation’s Statements, Policies and Procedures
The above duties are neither exclusive or exhaustive and the Post holder may be required to carry out other such duties as detailed by senior managers within the grading level of the post and the competence of the Post holder
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'