Your new company
A Wilderness Way is a specialist provider of residential childcare across Cumbria, south Lanarkshire and Northumberland. The children we look after have suffered trauma and adversity, and we are looking for people who have the ability to provide outstanding care which helps change their lives and prepare them for a brighter future.
"Our children experience the support of our dedicated teams, the safety and tranquillity of our beautiful homes, and specialist care which is built around their needs and goals for the future."
Your new role
- Safeguarding children from risk and harm and providing a safe, nurturing environment in which they can learn, develop and flourish.
- As the child's primary caregiver, acting as a role model and teacher, and caring for them with Patience, Acceptance, Positivity and Empathy.
- Building trusting relationships with children and providing emotional support and encouragement.
- Delivering care which successfully promotes children's enjoyment and achievement, education, wellbeing, safety, education, views, wishes and feelings and positive relationships.
- Establishing routines and providing activities and opportunities, both inside and outside the home, which promote the child's interests, health and wellbeing.
- You will be supported by a team of care professionals, including outdoor education specialists, psychology experts, and a dedicated Training Academy who focus on your development at Wilderness.
- You will work on a rota pattern of 2 days on, and 4 days off, including sleep overs, offering an excellent work-life balance.
"We value every child as an individual with talents, strengths and capabilities that we can help to develop and flourish."
What you'll need to succeed
You will need to be confident in working with children and have a genuine desire to support them to achieve outstanding outcomes. No previous experience of working in residential childcare is necessary, however you will need to demonstrate your skills and experience in being able to connect with and engage children and make an outstanding contribution to their lives.
Being a driver is desirable but not essential.
What you'll get in return
Working at AWW comes with many benefits, including a shift pattern which offers good work-life balance and excellent health and wellbeing benefits via Medicash. You will also have access to our sector-leading Learning Academy who will support you to further your career by attaining a professional qualification in residential childcare.
Your annual expected earnings will be £28,974 - £31, 276, including a sleepover allowance, depending on your experience.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'