Children’s Residential Support Worker
Location: Across Greater Manchester
Salary: £16,500 - £19,000 per annum (dependent on experience and qualification). Each sleep shift will be paid at the rate of £62.64
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Are you a warm, caring person with good listening skills?
Do you want a challenging, but rewarding career?
Are you professional/passionate and willing to invest in changing the lives of children for the better?
Halliwell is a social enterprise offering "clinically informed practice" through the medium of education, fostering and residential care. Our objective is to enhance the psychological health of children within the care system. Our Restorative Parenting® Recovery Programme is a therapeutic re-parenting programme which focuses on addressing the emotional, behavioural, social and developmental needs of the child. Our approach sets us apart from standard residential child care providers in that it is clinically informed in every aspect of the child’s lived therapeutic experience with the specific aim of helping traumatised children achieve psychological wellbeing
About theChildren’s Residential Support Worker:
- As a valued member of our team, you will be re-parenting children aged between 4 and 12 who have suffered from trauma.
- You will be supporting and caring for children who can display complex and challenging behaviours in our therapeutic residential care home by meeting their social, emotional, cultural and educational needs.
- The post holder will also assist in the day to day running of the home including domestic duties and paperwork/record keeping working closely with onsite senior therapeutic parents, clinical and education teams to provide tailored psychological recovery programmes for each child.
- A therapeutic, safe, healthy and homely environment will need to be in place at all times to meet Ofsted’s Quality Standards.
Requirements of the Children’s Residential Support Worker:
- Aged 21 and over
- Holds a full UK drivers licence
- Available to work shifts and sleep ins (across 365 days per years 24 hours / 7 days per week)
- Willingness to work emergency / last minute cover and across all Halliwell Homes
- Good Standard of English, Maths and IT
- Willingness to complete the Halliwell continuous professional development staff training programme and other relevant training for profession
- A desire to pursue a professional career in The Looked After Children’s Sector
- Access to own vehicle (Business Insurance)
- First degree e.g. Psychology, Social Work, Youth Work other degrees will be considered (2:2 or above)
- QCF Level 3 in Health and Social Care for Children and Young People or other relevant or transferable qualification
Benefits of becoming theChildren’s Residential Support Worker:
- Extensive in house training and be supported throughout to develop your career.
- Auto-Enrolment Pension scheme.
- Competitive rates of pay.
Feel you meet the above criteria of thisChildren’s Residential Support Worker role? Apply now!
We advise you to submit your application as early as possible to prevent disappointment as we reserve the right to remove the job role once we have received sufficient applications.
Halliwell is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure Barring Services (DBS) Disclosure
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'