We’re currently looking for new support workers to work in one of our three homes in Stoke on Trent. Our homes are all situated very close to one another, at interview we will decide which home we feel you are best suited to and discuss the options and details with you regards to allocation.
Our homes have recently made the change from adult CAMHS 15-21years care to Children’s Residential Care. Providing care and support for children between the ages of 8-17years. The children in our care will have complex care/EBD difficulties. They may have difficulties such as ADHD, emotionally withdrawn, emotionally needy, physical/verbal aggressions, autism, insomnia, eating disorders. Alongside this children that may have been mixed up in gang offences or issues and also may not be accessing education full time if at all.
Working in one of our homes will not come without its challenges, changing lives isn’t something that always comes easy. However with the guidance, support and bespoke training we provide, you could become a highly successful Children’s Residential Support Worker.
With the recent changes our homes are expected to undergo, this opens up one of our most exciting times to date, new opportunities, developing and progression within our company will all now become more available to our workers. New support workers joining the team will have the head start in getting to know new children from the beginning, establishing the home right from the start. Being a key part of building the home up from the bottom and ensuring it is run in the safest, funniest, most relaxed, happy environment possible.
If you have the drive, determination, passion and resilience to change a life today, we would love to hear from you!
- Must have a full UK driving license
- Must have held this driving license for 2 years or more
- Must be 21 or over
- Previous residential, childcare or support work experience essential
- NVQ Level 3 in children and young people preferred but not essential
In terms of shift, we need staff that can work a mixture of early, late, sleep in and occasional waking night shifts. This will all be run on a shift, rota basis that will be provided to you plenty in advance so you can plan and work around this. You will be required to work 39hours per week unless you choose to pick up overtime.
Our first home situated in the ST3 postcode, is a large 5 bedroom detached house that accommodates 4 young people. The home comprises of a lounge, games/chill out room, kitchen with dining room next to it, laundry room 5 large bedrooms all with en-suite, 4 for young people. It’s located just off a main road with ample parking and an enclosed back garden.
Our second home is a 5 bedroom Bungalow which accommodates up to 3 young people aged 8 to 17 years, the home comprises of a large kitchen diner with patio doors onto the back garden area. It has a games/chill out room, lounge with conservatory and 3 young people’s bedrooms. The home has a very spacious garden with paddocks and stables and a separate annex at the bottom of the drive for chill out with a pool table and table tennis.
Our third home is a large detached 4 bed mixed home, consisting of lounge, 4 en-suite bedrooms, dining room, kitchen and games room with x box, table tennis and some gym equipment, large garden with seating area and basketball hoop. It has a staff office and en-suite sleep room when staffs are required to sleep in.
- Transporting the children to and from social events, activities and days out
- Ensuring the children attend and get to school on time
- Ensuring the children have everything they need for home life, school life and any social activities they participate in
- Meal preparation for the children
- Household duties
- Paperwork (reporting and documenting everything)
- Key work sessions
- Involvement with clinical teams
- Care planning
- Facilitating contacts/visits
- Involvement with therapy sessions
- Helping the children integrate into the community in a positive manner
- Preparing children for independent living
- Providing support, structure and guidance to the children in decision making
- Creating a safe, calm and happy environment for the children
If this role sounds like the right one for you, please click APPLY today!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'