Exciting Opportunity for an Experienced Children's Residential Support Worker
You must have a minimum of 1 years experience of working within a similar role and an NVQ Level 3 in Childrens Health & Social Care to be considered for this position, as well as the following:
- A current fully enhanced DBS on the update service
- 3 Years employment references
- Computer and report writing skills
- Experience of lone working, and alongside other health care professionals
- Shifts and rotas may very so must be flexible and reliable
- Your commitment is essential to the success of this role
What does the role involve?
- You will be supporting Venerable Children and Young People who have had a disadvantaged start in life.
- Supporting Children and Young People with Emotional & Behavioural Needs and Mental Health issues within small residential homes/semi independent homes.
- Daily duties will include supporting the children with outreach activities, Key working, creating a nurturing and stimulating environment that facilitate positive change by helping young people deal with their past and prepare for the future.
- Youth offending and Criminal Behaviour
- Attending LAC reviews, Completing/updating records
- You will need to have a positive attitude which will include encouraging the children to make the right choices that lead to a healthy lifestyle.
This is an ongoing role. The Hours will be a mix of Early, Late, Waking Nights and Sleep Overs, so you will need to be flexible and able to complete and mixture of all shifts.
Pay rates start at £8.00-£9.00p/h and will be reviewed after a probationary period of working for successful carers.
What are we Offering?
In return for your hard work and dedication we offer the following:
- Paid Holiday
- FREE ongoing training, including e-learning
- Opportunities for career progression
- Excellent support from a dedicated account manager
- Workplace pension and reward scheme
- Weekly pay
Why Join Sugarman Health and Wellbeing?
Sugarman Health and Wellbeing is one of the UK's leading providers of Health care services with branches nationwide. We are an established health care recruitment and service provider, operating for over 30 years in both the private and public health care sector.
If you are interested in this role, or have any question please get in touch! Call Danielle on or email your CV to danielle.reynolds @sugarmanhealth.com
I look forward to hearing from you.
Cordant is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
- Youth Offending
- Challenging behaviour
- Key Working
- Children's residential support worker
- Children's Residential Home
- Emotional & Behavioural needs