Halliwell Homes are looking for a Children’s Senior Residential Support Worker (Senior Therapeutic Parent) to join the team based across the North West. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis,working on a rolling rota you will work at least 47 hours per week (includes rota shifts, sleep ins, and hours towards CPD and Restorative Parenting related duties). In return you will receive a competitive salary of £9.75 - £11.08 per hour (£23,634 up to £26,857 per annum dependent on experience and qualification).
Halliwell Homes are a social enterprise that offers a clinically informed practice encompassing educational, clinical and residential care services. Our objective is to enhance the psychological wellbeing of children within the care system through our Restorative Parenting recovery programme.
About the role:
A Children’s Residential Senior Support Worker (Senior Therapeutic Parent) will deliver Halliwell’s Restorative Parenting® recovery programme offering sensitive and caring re-parenting to children aged between 4 and 12 (at the time of placement) who have experienced trauma in their lives. Caring for children who can at times display complex and challenging behaviours.
Responsibilities of our Children’s Residential Senior Support Worker (Senior Therapeutic Parent) include:
- Offer therapeutic parenting techniques to meet the children’s’ social, emotional, cultural and educational needs.
- Assist in the day to day running of the home including domestic duties and paperwork / record keeping working closely with onsite deputy lead therapeutic parents, clinical and education teams to provide tailored psychological recovery programmes for each child.
- A therapeutic, safe, healthy and homely environment will need to be in place at all times to meet Ofsted’s Quality Standards.
Skills & Experience required by our Children’s Residential Senior Support Worker (Senior Therapeutic Parent):
- Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare or relevant qualification and possess at least six months experience working with children or young people in a residential (preferable) or education setting.
- Ideally, a graduate with a relevant degree e.g. psychology and childcare and are keen to study towards a post-graduate qualification.
- You need to be passionate about delivering real psychological recovery for children within the looked after system.
Benefits of becoming our Children’s Residential Senior Support Worker (Senior Therapeutic Parent):
- Extensive in-house training and be supported throughout to develop your career (up to post graduate level).
- Auto-Enrolment Pension scheme
- Competitive rates of pay
If you would like to join us as our Children’s Residential Senior Support Worker (Senior Therapeutic Parent), please click ‘apply’ today– we’d love to hear from you!
Halliwell is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure Barring Services (DBS) Disclosure
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'