Timeplan Education are recruiting for a Registered Care home manager within a children's care home based in Bedlington, Northumberland.
Our client provides accommodation to children and young adults with difficult behaviours, learning disabilities and mental health. Current capacity is 15 with plans for significant expansion within the next 12 months.
The Opportunity & Summary of the position
Registered Manager. This post requires someone of Good Character with a minimum qualification of an NVQ Level 3-4 in Health & Social Care and the candidate must be working towards or achieved their NVQ Level 5 with
The candidate should have experience working within a management role and residential home.
The position requires the candidate to be of Good Character, computer literate, strong communicating & listening skills, customer service skills, confident, reliable and be able to work alone .
An ENHANCES DBS check is required.
As part of the application, the successful candidate will be invited to register with OFSTED / CQC.
Duties & responsibilities
- Responsible for safe and legal delivery of service
- The job will entail moving between floors on stairs (carrying trays and like between floors).
- Upholding brand values in service delivery
- Abide to the minimum standards policies and procedures for children's home.
- Managing coordination and coordination team
- Managing & implementing recruitment plan & procedures
- All aspects of recruiting and training care staff
- Organising and delivering Care Worker Induction Training
- Organising regular staff meetings
- Ensuring full compliance throughout the business
- Responsible for the day-to-day running of the business.
- To be registered with the appropriate regulator - CQC / OFSTED and such like
- Understand and work within regulator legislation, standards and regulations
- Keep full and accurate records in accordance with legal requirements
- Undertaking and monitoring of all appropriate assessments relating to new customers
- To undertake/facilitate reviews of customer's needs/requirements in accordance with guidelines
- Liaise with other health professionals as appropriate
- Planning and implementing supervisions and appraisals in accordance with OFSTED / CQC guidelines
- To understand and monitor health and safety in the workplace and in the field
- Ultimate responsibility for all staff.
- To take quality control measures and monitor on an on-going basis
- Implementation and management of complaints procedure.
- To work within agreed budgets to ensure profitability of business.
- Take on-call duties as part of a team on a rota basis.
- Ensuring all emergency on-call issues are dealt with effectively e.g. covering calls either directly or indirectly when care workers are sick or absent. Recording all emergency calls and passing the information to appropriate parties.
- Be available to all emergencies
- Microsoft Office
- Time Management
- Decision Making
- Analytic Skills
- Honesty, integrity and a reasonable reputation
- Presentation skills
- Written communication
- Verbal communication
- Client Liaison
This job description does not provide an exhaustive list of the duties within this role. The job holder will be expected to undertake any other duties that may be reasonably requested.
Required experience working in residential home, written previous jobs and character references.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £36,000.00 to £42,000.00 /year
- Management: 1 year (Desirable)
- Bedlington, Northumberland (Required)
License or certification:
- Children's Residential Home (Required)
- Well Spoken English (Required)
Please call Stephanie Bellett on for a full job specification and further information
- Registered Manager
- Care Manager
- Health & Social Care
- Children's Home
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job