Locality Team Social Worker in Sefton
Are you looking for a new opportunity?
Medicare First is currently looking for experienced and dedicated Social Workers to work full time within the localities Team in Sefton. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Children's Services and be registered with the HCPC. The positions are based in Sefton's Bootle and Southport offices and they come with the option of working remotely from home or condensed hours.
The pay rate is £27.89 per hour Ltd.
Social worker duties include:
- To manage an assigned caseload of children and families, independently in compliance with agreed casework objectives, assessing and managing risks appropriately, and in accordance with statutory regulations and guidelines.
- To investigate complaints of alleged neglect, abuse or ill treatment of children undertake assessments and where appropriate arrange accommodation or children and young people maintaining appropriate personal/professional boundaries.
- To work to a range of legal options to support investigation and protection; if required give evidence in court; using contingency planning to plan for changing circumstances.
- To liaise with colleagues in order to gather information relevant to assessment and care planning.
- To work with children and young people, families, carers and communities to formulate care plans in partnership based on their assessment of need.
- To undertake direct social work responsibilities as an allocated worker to children and families assigned to monitor and review the implementation of care plans, ensuring that the services being provided are meeting the assessed need and the provision remains within any agreed costs.
- To prepare record, maintain case records and other information in accordance with child protection procedures and timescales.
- To keep up to date with social work practice, and also reflect and identify development and training needs to ensure continuous professional development.
- To work within the Together for Children's professional policy and procedures, and code of conduct.
- To ensure effective and timely communication across Child Protection services, listen to and respond to the views and ideas of others.
Requirements of the social worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current HCPC registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within child services
- 2 years post qualified with experience within local authority child protection teams
Benefits of working with Medicare First:
- Your own personal consultant
- Regularly meetings and visits with your consultant
- Quick and Easy Registration Process
- An excellent referral scheme of £250 for each successfully placed referral
If this sound like a role for you then please Apply today, alternatively for more information call or email
"It is the policy of the company that no person acting on our behalf shall discriminate in any situation against another individual or group, directly or indirectly, because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion, belief, sex and sexual orientation. Each individual is assessed on merit alone."
- Social Care
- Social work
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'