You will be responsible for supervising contact between children and their families. This will include assessments if required and keeping written records of their observation of the contact. It is essential that you hold a full clean driving licence as you will also be involved in transporting children to see their family.
Additional Duties / Responsibilities:
• To implement care plans which will be formalised by the keyworker who has overall case responsibility
• To liaise and supply information to family, carers and professionals within the Council’s Policy on confidentiality
• To assist students on placements as required by the Practice Educator and/or Team Manager
• To make statements and attend court to give evidence of work undertaken with a family subject to care proceedings
• To attend training courses and take part in Personal Development Programmes as required
• Assist in the collection and processing of management information and monitoring on service deficits, in order to contribute to the development of appropriate services
Experience and Skills Needed:
• Experience of working in a caring environment with a relevant group (either paid or voluntary).
• Ability to identify needs of individuals and assist the key worker in formulating care plans
• Awareness of relevant Children & Families legislation
• A standard of literacy and numeracy to be able to write case records, correspondence and collate information
• Knowledge of basic Health and Safety principles
Why Work For Reed:
• Your own dedicated specialist consultant that will look after you from the registration stage all the way through your placements
• Access to the widest variety of social work jobs nationwide
• Prompt and reliable payroll
• Online DBS
• Earn High Street Vouchers with our Refer a Friend Scheme
To apply for this post send your current CV to Allen.Martin@reedglobal.com or call 0113 3942940.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job