- Provide an age appropriate quality service to children and young people who have experience of domestic abuse whilst adhering to meeting legal requirements, standards and policies.
- Promote the work of the organisation throughout the local and wider community.
- Work with a wide variety of children and young people who may have complex needs.
- Support the Team Leader and colleagues in achieving team objectives and identifying areas for improvement.
Services to Children and Young People
- Provide emotional, practical support and information to children and young people who access C&YPS.
- Develop and deliver activities for children and young people in refuge and others who access the service.
- Undertake one to one and group work with children and young people as appropriate and as determined by a person centred needs assessment of both the family and the young person.
- Liaise and advocate on behalf of children and young people with external agencies. This may involve accompanying them to appointments.
- Assist with the development of an age appropriate service and information materials.
- Ensure appropriate access to health services for children and young people.
- Promote the rights of the children and young people at all times and act as an advocate as required.
- Keep up-to-date with changes in legislation and working practices and ensure Care Commission and SSSC registration requirements are met at all times.
- Prepare relevant reports in relation to children and young people for statutory and voluntary organisations when necessary.
Skills & Qualifications
- SVQ Level 3 Childcare and Early Years or SVQ Level 3 Social Services Children and Young People
- Driving License and access to own vehicle
- Experience of working with children
- Good general standard of education
- Experience of providing one to one support and group support
- Experience of facilitating groups
- Ability to work under pressure
- I.T. skills
- Ability to produce reports
- Good written and verbal skills
- HNC in childcare and education
- Knowledge of the issues of abused children
- Knowledge of substance abuse and the effects on children/young people
- Proven skills in advocacy and liaison with other agencies, including confidence and ability to negotiate directly at all levels
- Active listening skills
- Ability to relate to woman and children in crisis
- Ability to raise children’s confidence and communicate this effectively
- Social Services
- Young People
- Group Work