Your new company
An exciting opportunity has arisen within a well respected organisation based in the South side of Glasgow. They pride themselves in the quality of care and support they provide and are passionate about engaging with the community and providing external support to children and families. The provide outreach service and homes support to enable individual to become as independent as possible and improve their life style/health and well-being.
Your new role
You will be working with a number of children and families within the community who have a variety of complex additional support needs such as autism, ADHD, physical disability and engaging/encouraging them to take part in external/social activities.
You will be providing support and respite for parents/carers to ensure the safety and well-being of the child is maintained and involved in building lasting relationships.
What you'll need to succeed
- You will be a determined and motivated individual who has experience in working with children who have additional support needs and some of which have physical disability.
- You will be engaging in community lead activities via the outreach services and taking part in the organisations own events therefore success must have the ability to promote and encourage these incentives.
- You must have experience in working with children in a support capacity and be able to demonstrate effective support technique when challenging behaviour occurs.
- An SVQ Level 3 in Health & Social Care is desirable
- A PVG update/becoming a member will be required (all checks will be carried out by ourselves free of charge)
- SSSC Registration or registration is required
- You must be able to drive as you will be involved in taking children out into the community
- If you are trained with PEG feeding this is desirable
What you'll get in return
- The opportunity to work within a well respected organisation who have excellent values.
- Referral incentive (subject to terms and conditions)
- Flexible working is an option
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'