Job Title: Residential Support Worker
Location: multiple homes in,
* Merthyr Tydfil (Banwen)
Salary: £18,000-£20,000 pa inclusive of sleep-in allowance dependent on experience.
Qualification essential:Note to Applicants: Must hold either the QCF Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Children and Young People) or NVQ Level 3 – Children and Young People (or a predecessor qualification) or Recognised Social Work Qualification.
Due to the nature of the job, a full driver’s licence is required.
Do you want to work for a Reputable Organisation who specialise in providing therapeutic environments for children and young people who cannot live with their families. This organisation has recently been awarded Tier 1 status on the South and Mid Wales 4C's Framework and provide outstanding person centred care management.
Main responsibilities include being a part of a team offering a comprehensive residential service to children and young people, the aim being to ensure the physical, social and emotional care, and development of the young residents and the establishment.
Main Responsibilities of Residential Support Worker:
- To work as a member of a team, ensuring that the on-going care of young people is undertaken in accordance with the statutory framework and Policies and Procedures of the Company
- Managing high levels of challenging behaviour
- To attend and contribute to staff meetings; this involves participation and collaboration with other staff in the provision of care to enable the development of the home
- To work closely and in co-operation with social work staff, specialists and other professional agencies in accordance with the role and function of the home
- To support less experienced staff from time to time as part of their programme of induction to the work and operation of the home in conjunction with the Company’s Policies and Procedures
- To attend staff meetings and supervision sessions
- To undertake appropriate training as part of overall professional development
- To undertake routine administrative tasks and provide written reports and maintain the young person’s file as required by the Company’s policies and procedures
- Compile reports, including Review, Progress and Incident Reports
- Adhere to appropriate guidelines and procedures
- To undertake financial management and recording of day-to-day petty cash maintenance in accordance with the Company’s policies and procedures
- You will be able to build and maintain appropriate relationships with young people
- Develop good all round working relationships and communications, both verbally and written, with staff and within a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience of working within a residential setting for children with challenging behaviour and knowledge of sanctions and appropriate methods of control
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of basic principles of the Children’s Act 1989
- Knowledge of Child Protection and National Minimum standards
- Full Driving License
- Minimum age 22, due to the children’s safeguarding framework
- Fully Flexible with shift patterns
- Available to do Sleep ins
- Must hold either the QCF Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Children and Young People) or NVQ Level 3 – Children and Young People (or a predecessor qualification) or Recognised Social Work Qualification. CANNOT ACCEPT A QCF/NVQ Level 3 in Childcare or Health and Social Care
If you are interested in this role please send your CV to Sarah-Jane Phillips on or call
- do you hold QCF Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Children and Young People) or NVQ Level 3 - Children and