I am recruiting for a children's residential support worker for a beautiful residential home in the heart of Reading. Offering £20k per year with fantastic fixed three week rota, That allows you to work 2 days Week 1, 3 days week 2 and 4 days Week 3.
Do you want a career where you change lives?
Do you want to work with Children and Young People?
Would you like to help Children with learning disabilities live life to the fullest?
If so, we want to hear from you!!
Opportunity to be a support worker for children aged 5 -19 in a residential and educational school. The service users supported typically have diagnoses of Asperger's or associated learning difficulties on the autistic spectrum. The service is located in the stunning countryside and is surrounded by forest and a sensory play area for the children
What are the benefits?
- Residential and educational setting on the same site
- Working in a role where you can support vulnerable children to gain more independence with the long term goal of supporting them to live independently
- A national organisation that's supports people with needs surrounding not only learning disabilities and ASD, But also: Mental health, Emotional behavioural difficulties and service users in Secure units
- A competitive salary
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
- Comprehensive induction and commitment to ongoing training including Qualifications in Health and Social care
- A generous annual leave entitlement
- Online benefits and cashback rewards
- Cycle to work scheme
- Health cash plan
- Dental insurance
- Travel insurance
- SMART Childcare Vouchers
- SMART Pension option
What are your responsibilities?
- Supporting children with learning difficulties and special educational needs with their day to day needs to provide primary care and nurturing in a therapeutic environment
- Promote a healthy lifestyle through appropriately stimulating activities
- Support in both the on-site residential provision and in the school/class rooms
- Providing person centred care as outlined in each individuals care plan
- Being a positive role model and helping to achieve personal progression for the children your supporting
What is required?
- You must be aged 18 or older
- Experience in care or working with children is preferred but is not essential as long as you are enthusiastic, and reliable
- Availability to work shifts. Attractive rota
- Most importantly you must have a genuine wish to make a difference in children's lives
You've read this far so I know you're interested; please call Felicity Heyes on
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing.