Are you an experienced Children’s Support Worker or Senior Support worker in the New Malden area of South West London looking for a rewarding career? Do you have experience supporting children and young people with learning disabilities or autism? We are looking for passionate and inspirational individuals to join our client, a specialist residential and educational provider for children with learning disabilities and autism. They deliver high quality, person centred care in a residential setting, and push to achieve positive outcomes and sustained progression for all of their service users.
This role is an easy commute from: Mitcham (28 mins), Epsom (18 mins), Kingston Upon Thames (8 mins), and Wimbledon (12 mins).
As a Children’s Support Worker or a Senior Support worker, you will go the extra mile for every individual, providing care and support on a day to day basis. Your responsibilities will involve:
- Supporting each individual through their education as well as supporting them with planning their life;
- Encourage children to take part in social activities, build friendships with peers and pursue their hobbies;
- Offer ongoing support enabling them to achieve their goals and aspirations;
- Form strong bonds with each child, building confidence and self-esteem.
What experience will you need?
- Have at least 6 months experience working with children and young people with Learning Disabilities or Autism;
- You must also be willing to complete a level 3 in Residential Childcare, for a senior you must already have this qualification;
- Above all you will have the passion, motivation and dedication to support each individual through the bad and the good.
Hours, salary & benefits:
- Full time hours - a maximum of 40 hours per week;
- Shifts include, 7am - 3pm, 2pm - 10pm, and waking nights 10pm - 8am;
- Hours will include, morning, afternoon and evening shifts, including alternate weekends;
- Support worker rates £9.25- £9.75 per hour DOE. Senior Support worker rates £10.60-£10.85 per hour;
- Excellent training and career development opportunities.
If you are excited by this amazing job opportunity, we would love to hear from you. Health & Social Care Jobs are proud to recruit for the Social Care Sector and when you click on apply, one of our friendly careers advisors will contact you to discuss this in more detail. We only employ experts, so you can always rely on us to look after you during your career change.