This job has ended. Find similar jobs.

Children's Support Worker

Posted 21 February by Health & Social Care Jobs Ltd Ended

We are currently looking for Children’s Support Workers for our client in the Stoke-on-Trent area to provide fantastic care and support to young people aged between 6-19 years old who have complex and communication difficulties, sensory processing disorders, physical or learning disabilities.

This position is an easy commute from Stafford (17 mins), Crewe (21 mins), Nantwich (26 mins), and Leek (30 mins).

Do you want to finish your job every day, knowing you have encouraged the children and young people you support to achieve their goals and aspirations?

Working within a residential school setting in Stoke which is growing, the school offers a wide range of learning, leisure and social facilities, to enable the children to build on their self-confidence and academic skills. These specialist services include a variety of facilities for the individuals such as, sensory and music rooms, horticultural gardens and therapy spaces. They also have a large lounge, games room, and they have film nights and social outings.

What will the role involve?

As a Children’s Support Worker, you are one of the most important people in a child’s world. This position requires someone who has a real interest in learning disabilities to support the young people through their daily routines and their educational day, whilst understanding the challenges that each individual can face. Some of the children do display challenging behaviour and the role may also include providing personal care when required.

There are also some brilliant pay rates, hours & benefits:

  • £16,640 per annum - after probation rising to £17,160 per annum;
  • £18,200 per annum if you have Level 3 in Children and Young People Workforce or residential Childcare;
  • 40 hours per week, shifts will be mixture of early & late shifts, as well as weekends and/or nights;
  • Generous benefits package, including high street discounts and child care vouchers;
  • Life Assurance;
  • Pension plan;
  • Employee assistance programme;
  • Up to 6.6 weeks holiday.

What experience do I need to be a Children’s Support Worker?
You must have worked with children, or have personal experience of working with a child with learning disabilities. You will ideally hold an NVQ level 3 in Children and Young People Workforce, or be willing to work towards this. You will also need to hold a full UK driving licence, but a school vehicle will be provided.

If you are excited by this amazing job opportunity, we would love to hear from you. Health & Social Care Jobs are proud to recruit for the Social Care Sector and when you click on apply, one of our friendly careers advisors will contact you to discuss this in more detail. We only employ experts, so you can always rely on us to look after you during your career change.

Reference: 34521326

Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.

Report this job