£50,903 per annum for 36 hours per week based at Fairmount House, Bull Hill, Leatherhead, Surrey KT22 7AH. This position is based inside one of our main area offices, click HERE to see a 360 degree view of the building and surrounding area along with a view of the reception.
In return for your time we can offer challenging and rewarding work as well as Excellent Start up & Relocation Allowances in addition to our amazing Benefits under our internal reward scheme.
An enhanced DBS ‘Disclosure and Barring Service’ check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children’s and Adults’ Barred List checks will be required for this role.
We want the best for children. This is a permanent role for 36 hours per week based at Fairmount House. Our office is based in Leatherhead, just five minutes away from the M25 (Junction 9) and five minutes’ walk from Leatherhead train station. It’s therefore easily accessible by both car and train from London and the Home Counties.
The north east area covers the following three boroughs:
Elmbridge Esher, Walton on Thames and Weybridge
Epsom and Ewell Epsom, Ewell and part of both Stoneleigh and Worcester Park
Spelthorne Ashford, Laleham, Shepperton, Staines-upon-Thames, Stanwell and Sunbury-on-Thames
About the Role
Surrey County Council are seeking to recruit a Service Manager who can demonstrate child focused leadership of our Child in Need Team in Leatherhead. In addition this post will be responsible for the North East Social Work Academy which has an annual intake of 10 new qualified social workers. You will lead and manage a diverse team of Team Managers, Social Workers and Family Support Workers in order to deliver a strong, child focused Child in Need Service. You will ensure consistency of practice, decision making, effective planning and innovation for and with children, leading a culture of professional curiosity, openness, honesty, humility and a drive to provide the best services and support for children. With your leadership, you will also ensure your team members are well equipped to succeed, ensuring their support and development remain key priorities. You will be a proactive part of the Senior Management Team in the North East Area overseeing social work practice from Assessment to Looked After Children. A key focus of the role will be to work with your Service Manager colleagues across the county to deliver a coherent and consistent offer to Children in Need and their families.
This role includes the management oversight and leadership of the exciting and innovative Social Work Academy Team based in the North East of Surrey. Supporting Social Workers in their first year of practice, you will work with the county’s Practice and Quality Leads and the Academy Team Managers to oversee Social Workers with a mixed caseload of child care practice and a coherent training and development programme.
You will need to possess and evidence leadership and management capability along with a significant background in social work. You will be able to combine detailed experience of social work with strong leadership, performance management and management competence in order to meet our statutory requirements.
To be shortlisted for interview your CV and personal statement will need to clearly evidence:
- That you hold either a first degree in social work approved by the Health Care Professionals Council (HCPC) or a previous qualification, e.g. the Diploma in Social Work (Dip SW) or CQSW
- Registered with HCPC
- A broad knowledge of social work practice and legislation, including safeguarding.
- An ability to demonstrate excellent assessment and analysis skills. You will also need to possess a UK Drivers Licence and have daily use of a car.
The job advert closes at 18/03/2018.
Interviews provisionally planned for 26/03/2018.
Equal Opportunity, Values and Behaviours
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.
The values below will be crucial in delivering our corporate strategy, and are what we draw on to make a difference for Surrey residents.
- Listen - We actively listen to others and expect to be listened to.
- Responsibility - We take responsibility in all that we do at work.
- Trust - We work to inspire trust and we trust in others.
- Respect - We are supportive and inclusive and committed to learning from others.
Our behaviours are what people experience when they interact. They encompass how we do our work and how we treat other.
- Be customer focussed - We put the customer at the heart of our work and take responsibility to uphold the customer promise in all that we do.
- Work as one team - We collaborate with and involve our partners, customers and colleagues, and build strong and lasting relationships based on listening, trust and mutual respect.
- Make things happen - We plan and deliver our work on time and effectively, making sure we understand the needs and priorities and considering all our options and risks.
- Communicate with purpose - We communicate clearly to all our stakeholders, making sure that we listen, understand and inform in the process.
- Be the best we can be - We embrace the need for change and innovation, taking responsibility to improve our services and processes in the right way.
- Develop ourselves and others - We learn continually, we seek feedback about our own performance and support others to learn.