Location: Garden House, Wickham
Do you feel passionate about the idea that every child should have the opportunity live somewhere that feels like a home rather than just a house? At Fair Ways we are dedicated to providing an environment that fully meets the needs of the children in our care and providing a home environment that is welcoming, supportive and stable.
Who are Fair Ways and what do we stand for?
Fair Ways is a great place to work. We are a team. We care about each other and are all committed to making a change to the lives of the young people and service users in our care. We will not apologise for calling our staff great, the best, or world-class. Our staff are at the core of our organisation and we celebrate them by shouting it from the rooftops!
Where and when do we need you?
Garden House is a residential children’s home near Wickham, Hampshire that can accommodate up to 6 children aged between 6 and 14. The home provides a structured, homely, and nurturing environment for children who need clear boundaries. We believe this is the starting point to enable the children to achieve their potential. This position focuses on developing independent life skills within a therapeutic care environment. Staff will be involved in a range of activities which our children enjoy, this may include swimming, music, camping, rock climbing, horse riding, canoeing and day trips to local centres!
We are looking for a Support Worker to be involved exciting and rewarding things like:
- Delivering the highest standards of care, protection and support to our young people.
- Interacting with the children and young people and managing complex behaviour;
- Key working (positive role modelling and guiding);
- Recording and reporting appropriately using the correct systems to escalate safeguarding concerns.
- Attending training and meetings, including interaction with the wider team.
- Cleaning, cooking, maintaining the home and being involved in lots of exciting adventures and activities such as camping, swimming, climbing, arts and crafts and much more!
This role is offered on a full time/permanent basis, working on a rolling rota across an alternating shift pattern (6 days on, in a 14 day period - including 1 or 2 sleep ins per week, time outs etc). Normal Days start at 07:30 until 22:00, depending on the needs of the home. All candidates must have a full driving license and have access to the use of a car. Successful candidates will be required to provide an enhanced Disclosure (DBS). This disclosure cost will be met by Fair Ways.
Desirable…. but not Essential
Whilst we value the knowledge and understanding that experience and qualifications can bring we also know that some of our best people have come to us from unrelated backgrounds. These people already held our core values at heart, and with the dedication of our amazing in house training and development team, we have supported the rest!
- Previous experience of working with Children and young people with health/social care/educational needs
- A Level 3 qualification Level 3 in CYPW Diploma in childcare or equivalent
Let us look after you!
Looking after our employees is important to us, and whilst our culture is central to our identity, we also offer a great set of benefits to ensure we are striving to provide the best support to our employees available in the sector.
- Free Staff lotteries (including prizes such as £1000 holiday vouchers, weekends away, theatre breaks, luxury hampers and vouchers)
- Holiday Accrual Scheme and additional Holiday Purchase (up to 5 days)
- Health Shield (Health cash plan)
- Employee Assistance Scheme (Application based emergency financial assistance for employees)
- Education Grant – (funding up to master’s level accreditation)
- Fair Pay Panel (The opportunity to showcase your hard work potentially resulting in 2 pay rises per year!)
- Wellbeing Initiatives - Team Building Days, Summer Festival, Wellbeing boxes
- Employee Assistance Programme (24/7 counselling service)
- Highstreet discount platform, Discounted Gym Membership
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Leadership Courses
- Free Parking
- Annual Staff Awards/ Long Service Awards
- Pension Scheme
- Eligibility for a Blue Light Card
- £1000 Refer a Friend Scheme
- £250 Refer a Foster Carer Scheme
- £1000 Welcome Bonus for eligible roles
Find your happy place – we can’t wait to meet you!
Apply today and be a PART of something amazing - We encourage a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all communities.
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'