We’re looking for 2 new Children’s Residential Support Workers that are, motivated to learn, passionate about childcare and driven to make a difference. If successful, you would be based in our 5 bedded children’s home in Coalville. Our home is modern, and welcoming, offering a spacious garden, lounge, an open plan kitchen diner, utility room and play room for the children. Although the home may not be located in a particular multicultural area, we are only 20mins away from the main part of Leicester which is a diverse community. As well as this, you have easy access to a variety of small, local shops at easy proximity from the home itself.
This role will require you to offer support and structure to vulnerable children’s lives that have unfortunately been victims of some form of abuse. This home is currently supporting five children with a mixture of complex care needs. The children in our care are 8, 10, 11 and 12 years of age. Four of which are girls and one child is a little boy.
If you think you have what it takes to be a committed, driven, supportive and passionate support worker. This may just be the home for you!
If you join the family, you’ll walk in to a small team that have developed bonds and relationships similar to that of family. Our team is dedicated to not only our children and management, but also to each other. This offers new members of staff the opportunity to have a pleasant and enjoyable work life. This role will no doubt offer you daily challenges and hurdles, as the children demonstrate high levels of challenging behaviours as a result of traumatic childhoods. However if you give your all to this role, we feel it is one of the most rewarding roles there is, offering the right individuals, a real sense of job satisfaction and fulfilment.
- Preparing breakfast, lunches, teas and snacks
- Encouraging and helping children access education
- Helping the children integrate into the community in a positive way
- Helping the children with homework
- Playing and getting involved in fun activities in and outside the home
- Days out; shopping, swimming, cinema, bowling, drama classes, football etc
- Assisting with bed time, bath time
- Getting children to meetings and appointments; Therapy, key work meetings, doctors, dentist, visits, contacts etc
- Getting involved in care plans
- Monitoring and observing children
- Transporting children
- Liaising with external stakeholders and our own multi-disciplinary team
- Must be 21 or over
- Must have a full UK driving license
- NVQ level 3 in childcare, children and young people or health and social desirable but not essential (We can give you the funding to complete this qualification on the job)
- Must have a real passion for helping children
- Friendly and welcoming
- Team player
- Compassionate and strong willed
- Flexibility and understanding that we are open all year round, you will be expected to go on holiday with the children and work over Christmas to help make their memories special.
£8.15-£9.00 p/h (Depending on qualifications and experience)
169hours per month (overtime sometimes available when there isn’t a full staff team)
We aim to ensure you get at least one in six full weekends off.
You will work around six shifts in two weeks. The manager tries to ensure you get two block days off next to each other at a time to ensure full chance to recharge.
Alongside your normal shifts you will be required to do one on call a month (if called in your paid time and a half). Over the Christmas you may be required to do a few more on calls.
Shifts are from 8am-11pm (normal day) Then sleep 11pm-7am. Wake up and do a hand over between 7am-10am (Home)
Sometimes you will get a 12pm start.
It’s usually a 9am start on the weekends and when the kids are off school.
Rotas are given out 2/3 weeks in advance so you always know what you are working in the upcoming weeks ( we allow staff to cover each other and swap shifts as and when needed)
There will be 3/4 staff on at any one time to cover the 5 children in the home.
THE MANAGER OF THE HOME RACHEL WORKS 9-5PM Monday-Friday. HOWEVER IF SHE ISN’T THERE THE DEPUTY IS THERE AND IF THERE DEPUTY AND THE MANAGER ARE BOTH AWAY FROM THE HOME A TL STEPS UP. RACHEL ALSO PUTS UP HER AGENDA FOR THE WEEK UP IN THE HOME SO IF SHE’S OUT AND ABOUT THE STAFF CAN PIN POINT WHERE SHE IS AND WHAT SHE’S DOING IF THEY NEED HER.
If this advert tickles your fancy, we would be more than happy to receive your applications! (Come give us a try if you think you’re hard enough!)
Requirements for DBS and reference checking will be undertaken in line with government regulations and safer recruitment best practice. /
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job