Must Be 21 or Over.
Must Hold a Full UK Manual Drivers Licence.
Residential Care Workers | Nottingham | £8.00 - £8.65 per hour dependent on qualifications and experience. £30 per sleep in.
Would you like to be part of a team working with children and young people with learning disabilities in a residential setting? Can you make a difference in their lives?
If you have the skills or experience that you feel will help support the needs of young people with varying degrees of learning disability then this is the career for you. Full training, coaching and mentoring will be provided to support you in your career with us, to enable you to be the best at what you do and in return we provide a very competitive salary and great benefits including child care vouchers, employee discount scheme, long service and recognition awards, and company pension scheme.
Skills required include:
Ability to engage young people in positive interactions
Ability to be creative and make everyday fun
Resilience and resourcefulness
Flexibility to meet the 24hr care needs of the home.
Duties and Responsibilities:
To provide care for young people through:
- Attending to practical matters in relation to day to day childcare (cooking, cleaning, personal care etc)
- Establishing positive relationships with young people, offering them unconditional positive regard and positive behaviour support.
- Meeting the physical, emotional, behavioural, cultural and educational needs of young people with learning needs
- Ensuring the safety and security of young people is of paramount concern and ensuring safe working practices are followed
- Ensuring that each young person’s care plan is followed and amended as appropriate to reflect their changing needs
- Attending and contributing to young people’s and team meetings
- Transporting young people to activities using company vehicles (current driving licence holders subject to procedures)
- Attending training relevant to role and maintaining an up to date training profile
- Responsibility for the accurate maintenance of financial and case records appropriate to the duties of the post
- To carry out all other reasonable tasks as directed by the line manager.
Due to Ofsted requirements the minimum age for this role is 21 years of age.
Ready to make a difference? Apply Now
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job