Children’s Residential Senior Support Worker
Location: Greater Manchester
Salaries: £18,500 - £22,600 per annum based (dependant on experience and qualifications). Each Sleep shift will be paid at the rate of £60.00.
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
Are you a warm caring, person with good listening skills?
Do you want a challenging, but rewarding career?
Are you professional/passionate and willing to invest in changing the lives of children for the better?
Who are our client?
Our client is a social enterprise offering "clinically informed practice" through the medium of education, fostering and residential care. Their objective is to enhance the psychological health of children within the care system. Their Restorative Parenting Recovery Programme is a therapeutic re-parenting programme which focuses on addressing the emotional, behavioural, social and developmental needs of the child. Their approach sets them apart from standard residential child care providers in that it is clinically informed in every aspect of the child’s lived therapeutic experience with the specific aim of helping traumatised children achieve psychological wellbeing.
What does the Children’s Residential Senior Support Worker role entail?
- As a valued member of their team, you will be re-parenting children aged between 4 and 12
- You will be supporting and caring for children who can display complex and challenging behaviours in a therapeutic residential care home by meeting their social, emotional, cultural and educational needs.
- You will work closely with their therapeutic parents and provide guidance and support for them and their children.
- You will liaise with our clinical and education teams to help provide tailored psychological recovery programmes for each child.
- You will ensure that the need of the home and children are met at all times and the delegated tasks and duties to the therapeutic parent and that they are completed to a high standard.
- You will maintain a therapeutic, safe, healthy and homely environment will need to be in place at all times to meet Ofsted’s Quality Standards
- In the absence of the management team you will be responsible for the day to day running of the care home and the children as well as ensuring sufficient staffing levels are met throughout.
- You will also assist with domestic duties maintaining a safe, healthy and homely environment.
What will the Children’s Residential Senior Support Worker get in return?
- Extensive in house training and be supported throughout to develop your career.
- Auto-Enrolment Pension scheme.
- Competitive rates of pay.
Our client encourages you to take advantage of the many opportunities and resources available to you so that you can progress your professional career. Setting them apart from standard residential care providers is how their approach is clinically informed in every aspect of the child’s live therapeutic experience in both the residential and education environment. Their unique Continuous Professional Development Programme ‘Restorative Parenting Recovery Programme’ will equip you to deliver real purposeful and life enhancing psychological recovery helping traumatised children achieve psychological wellbeing. The clinical programme is encompassed in the ‘Healing Child Trauma through Restorative Parenting’, co-written by their Managing Director, Dr Chris Robinson.
If you feel that you can make a difference to a child’s future by being a positive role model, then they want to hear from you!
They advise you to submit your application as early as possible to prevent disappointment as we reserve the right to remove the job role once we have received sufficient applications.
Our client is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure Barring Services (DBS) Disclosure.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job