A fantastic opportunity to join a specialist provider of therapeutic residential services to vulnerable children who have complex and traumatic backgrounds, as a Children's Home Registered Manager.
You will be opening a new home in the St Albans region, in Hertfordshire to provide therapeutic, long-term care to 3 children. This is an exciting opportunity to develop and shape a new service and team within a newly decorated and refurbished home with the support of an extremely experienced Regional Manager, the organisation's own education department & school and specialist support teams.
The successful Children's Homes Registered Manager will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- You will bring your enthusiasm of putting children in your care at the centre of everything you do to successfully manage a children’s home in accordance to Ofsted standards.
- You will evolve a skilled and compassionate staff team which will provide first class support to improve the life opportunities of disadvantaged children who have experienced trauma.
- Provide practical leadership in childcare, as well as organising staff rotas, facilitating training and providing supervisory reviews.
- Access appropriate services to support the childcare practices within the home.
- Communicating with the young people to listen to and consider their views.
- Ensure that the home is well maintained, clean and homely.
- Manage and control budgets.
- Take part in audits, reviews and Ofsted inspections.
- Liaise with senior management and external professionals including local authorities and other professional agencies.
Essential Candidate requirements:
- A minimum of one year’s experience of fully managing a home for children with emotional behavioural difficulties.
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management of Residential Childcare or equivalent
- Car driver
- An excellent working knowledge of Ofsted Regulations.
- £40,000 - £47,000
- Bonus of up to 21% of your salary bringing total yearly earnings to £56,800
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'