Staffing Connect are looking for a number of Residential Support Workers for on-going assisgments in the London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham, as well as the London Borough of Hounslow.
As a Residential Support Worker you may be providing personal care to Children with different levels of disabilities in a respite or residential setting. You can expect to work with residents with different personalities, needs and capabilities. Some of these residents may have learning difficulties, some physical disabilities and others a combination of both.
To be a professional care worker you should be able to demonstrate a number of key attributes and skills, including:
- Good understanding of the principles of care
- Ability to follow procedures set out by the residential home and by law
- Suitable experience and qualifications (see below)
- Effective communication skills - especially a good and empathetic listener
- A caring nature - this really should be work you choose to do
- Respect for people who are dependant and vulnerable
- Be able to manage challenging behaviour effectivley
- Comfortable interacting with people from all areas of the community
- Able to use personal initiative when required to do so
- A team worker able to establish effective working relationships with co-workers
- Flexibility and adaptability to respond to changing demands and requirements
- Committed and reliable - people will depend on you to be there
- Ability to cope with change and pressure
- Good planning skills
- Level-headed and patient
Working Experience & Qualification
NVQ level 2 and above but not essential.
Previous care experience is essential and the candidate should be able to provide 5 yrs professional referencing.
Training requirement: Though desirable - not essential
Moving & handling, H&S, Food Hygiene, Medication, Infection control, Safeguarding Children, and Child Protection.
Though this training is desirable - all training may be provided for on going members of staff
- Learning Disabilities
- Challenging Environment
- Residential Care
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job